Brum or Leeds, Who do you want to win tonight?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leeds hopefully. Just up the road from me in sheffield, and if we win i can have a big one on town here and not worry about cunty Leeds fans.
Plus would be my first away game and i like a hostile environment :gio: :nawty:

Definately LEEDS.
They'll be well up for it so it'll be a pleasure beating them.
Been there many times so would be good to go back.

Hostile atmosphere at St Andrews - you're joking been there the last few times we played and it's been dead. remember back in the 70's and 80's it was a right crack going there but really disappointed the last few times.

I rrrreally don't mind... They're both championship clubs with big ambition and a big following, it'll be their big night out whoever we face.. We shouldn't fear either of them.
WE ARE TOTTENHAM, FROM THE LANE!

...having said that, Birmingham does knock a couple hours off the journey HOME!!!!

Brum for me - hate Leeds
Why the fuck would you hate Leeds?
You are 11,000 miles from Leeds, you have probably never been to Leeds in your life, or even met a Leeds supporter - who wasn't as plastic a fan as you are.

You know nothing about THFC apart from what you have read on Wikipedia and as you have never attended a game or experienced opposition fans, you have absolutely no reason to "hate" any other team, in Britain or anywhere else.

Unless you have a lithp and it cometh out as Leedth every time you try to thay it.

Tommy Harmer Tommy Harmer that's crazy! He can hate and love whoever he wants.
Hate is a big word.
I went to Elland road several times during Leeds heyday, and had my scarf nicked, coins thrown, real aggressive shitty behaviour from the Leeds fans - I'd say I had reason to dislike Leeds fans, or the club or whatever.
Someone who lives in SAfrica and has never seen the club live (in the UK) or experienced bad behaviour of other clubs supporters - has no right to hate anyone or any club, to do so would be infantile and stupid - in my view.
Leeds are nothing to us as a club currently - and haven't been anything to us for decades.

How can anyone hate a another club - for no discernable reason?

"You are 11,000 miles from Leeds, you have probably never been to Leeds in your life, or even met a Leeds supporter - who wasn't as plastic a fan as you are."

First of all I've never attended a game against Leeds but I still hate them to the core.
It also doesn't matter how far you live from something you can still have an opinion on it/them. Also just because they don't live in England doesn't make them plastic. Yes there is a difference between fans who attend games and people who observe from afar.

"You are 11,000 miles from Leeds, you have probably never been to Leeds in your life, or even met a Leeds supporter - who wasn't as plastic a fan as you are."

First of all I've never attended a game against Leeds but I still hate them to the core.
It also doesn't matter how far you live from something you can still have an opinion on it/them. Also just because they don't live in England doesn't make them plastic. Yes there is a difference between fans who attend games and people who observe from afar.

So you have just admitted to hating a football team - without reason?
Who do you hate - the people who play for the team?
The players who used to play for the team?
The ground
The staff and management of the club?
The fans (name 10 of them, and even if you can, it still leaves 1000's more you don't know)

Like I said, hate is a big word, its implications are enormous - and require specific emotions and reasons to make the word alive.

You won't win me over on the plastic argument. I consider myself a plastic Spurs fan, and I have been going to see them since the early 70's. Anyone who lives 1,000s of miles away and puts a shirt on to watch them on TV is a plastic supporter. Real supporters get in and support.

I live in Bracknell mate - can't get the time to see much in the way of games, and I think I'm a plastic supporter - why would I think any different of the tellyclappers brigade of fans?

Its like me saying I'm a Yankees fan, just because I saw them once and look for their results occasionally.

Having at least been once would make me a diehard supporter using arcspace as a yardstick.

Back
Top Bottom