Bronze/Lillywhite Membership: Is it no longer worth it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just thought I would put this one out there if anyone was interested to discuss whether the current membership scheme can continue under its current format and price:

If you exclude last season’s temporarily reduced capacity problem, over the last couple of years being a Bronze/Lillywhite member gained you the following advantage over non-members:

· A place on the season ticket waiting list (Bronze only).

· Guaranteed cat C and cat B home games.

· A good stab at getting cat A games.

· 100+ loyalty points would nearly always guarantee an away ticket outside of London and the home counties (excluding European games).

· 150+ loyalty points would be enough for a semi-final/final ticket at Wembley.

With the increase in capacity and supply of tickets I think in most seasons cat B and cat C games at the new ground will probably go on general sale. The increase in the number of season ticket holders will in future mean that not even being a season ticket holder will guarantee a semi final / final ticket at Wembley. Also, this season success has increased demand for away tickets and I think only 3 away games this year have not been a closed shop to season ticket holders; Middlesbrough, Sunderland (midweek) and Liverpool (Midweek EFL Cup).

Thus under the new increased capacity the benefits to membership will be reducing to the following:

· A place on the season ticket waiting list (Bronze Only)

· A stab at getting Cat A games (Bronze get priority over Lillywhite)

I am a bronze member and been mulling over whether to get a season ticket if offered but I am contractually obliged to work a certain amount of weekends as well as being on call on a number of midweeks which would mean I would miss a large number of home games if the fixtures fell the wrong way. I’ve been happy with my current arrangement planning home and away games around my work commitments and have been able to get to semi-final/finals at Wembley on my loyalty points but in future if I didn’t take up the season ticket option but kept the Bronze/Lilywhite membership would I in effect just be paying the best part of £50 for a welcome pack (tbf has improved over the years) 10% club shop discount (I always lose the voucher anyway) £5 off low demand cup games and a Christmas/Birthday card (I will survive)?

If you don't want a Wembley ST but want a chance of a New WHL one you will need to keep your Bronze.

Cheers I've kept the Bronze already gone out on the automatic direct debit, I was just getting ahead of myself for beyond that.

I can't make my mind up whether to get a season ticket if offered I keep changing from one day to the next, I keep leaning towards getting one but if I am honest a lot of its down to the reason that I will be able to go to away games of my choice and the chance of cup finals etc and just take a hit on the home games I can't make and lend it out to a mate or a relative.

Cheers I've kept the Bronze already gone out on the automatic direct debit, I was just getting ahead of myself for beyond that.

I can't make my mind up whether to get a season ticket if offered I keep changing from one day to the next, I keep leaning towards getting one but if I am honest a lot of its down to the reason that I will be able to go to away games of my choice and the chance of cup finals etc and just take a hit on the home games I can't make and lend it out to a mate or a relative.

Same. I have changed my mind about 10 times.

I can't make my mind up whether to get a season ticket if offered I keep changing from one day to the next, I keep leaning towards getting one but if I am honest a lot of its down to the reason that I will be able to go to away games of my choice

Best of luck with that, according to THST, most away games needed 160+ season ticket loyalty points this season (with many 300+)

I work a shifts which cover a lot of weekends and with a 4hr round trip (without the game) and a young family I get very little chance to go these days. I've kept my Lilywhite membership because I like having that link to the club and on the rare occasions I'm not working and we are playing at home and I am free I have a tiny bit more chance of getting a ticket......but not much really.

But would you get enough? There are loads of away tickets for sale every game. Same season ticket holders with max points buy them just to sell on for the loyalty points.
Yep its more of a closed club now that ever. I've had a home season ticket now for 4 years and in honesty haven't applied to go away too much but I have been to all home league games and only missed a couple of home Europas. Got 145 points - now that won't get me a sniff of an away ticket, aside from the most obscure midweek northern away.

So really I could go to EVERYTHING accessible to me and I'm never really going to top 175 or so points before they start rolling over.

Just back in the day (really not very many years ago actually!), as a member I used to go to about 10 homes and 10 aways a season. That wouldn't be possible now, and can't see it ever being possible again in the foreseeable future.

Just thought I would put this one out there if anyone was interested to discuss whether the current membership scheme can continue under its current format and price:

If you exclude last season’s temporarily reduced capacity problem, over the last couple of years being a Bronze/Lillywhite member gained you the following advantage over non-members:

· A place on the season ticket waiting list (Bronze only).

· Guaranteed cat C and cat B home games.

· A good stab at getting cat A games.

· 100+ loyalty points would nearly always guarantee an away ticket outside of London and the home counties (excluding European games).

· 150+ loyalty points would be enough for a semi-final/final ticket at Wembley.

With the increase in capacity and supply of tickets I think in most seasons cat B and cat C games at the new ground will probably go on general sale. The increase in the number of season ticket holders will in future mean that not even being a season ticket holder will guarantee a semi final / final ticket at Wembley. Also, this season success has increased demand for away tickets and I think only 3 away games this year have not been a closed shop to season ticket holders; Middlesbrough, Sunderland (midweek) and Liverpool (Midweek EFL Cup).

Thus under the new increased capacity the benefits to membership will be reducing to the following:

· A place on the season ticket waiting list (Bronze Only)

· A stab at getting Cat A games (Bronze get priority over Lillywhite)

I am a bronze member and been mulling over whether to get a season ticket if offered but I am contractually obliged to work a certain amount of weekends as well as being on call on a number of midweeks which would mean I would miss a large number of home games if the fixtures fell the wrong way. I’ve been happy with my current arrangement planning home and away games around my work commitments and have been able to get to semi-final/finals at Wembley on my loyalty points but in future if I didn’t take up the season ticket option but kept the Bronze/Lilywhite membership would I in effect just be paying the best part of £50 for a welcome pack (tbf has improved over the years) 10% club shop discount (I always lose the voucher anyway) £5 off low demand cup games and a Christmas/Birthday card (I will survive)?

I'm in the same boat as you... long time bronze member, but a shift worker so I know that I won't make all the games. Plus a young family that I never dreamed of having when I first took out the membership... it comes down to priorities I guess!

Weighing up the options, a ST that might be hassle offloading when I can't make it or stay a member and potentially miss out on the big moments like I did this season with the last 2 games.

Not sure I can handle any more wheel of doom tbh! Even if there will be more tickets available!

Plus new WHL ST would just be epic... ST it is - better tell the wife!!

Back
Top Bottom