Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where was the 'reaction' that Poch had demanded from the team after Bayern ?. It vaporised after their first goal, feebly reappeared for about 5 minutes after half time and then laid on its back and died after that.
This is the worrying thing, they no longer play for him. He cannot motivate them any more and he and the squad know it. The marriage is over and it's time for the divorce, hopefully it will be amicable.

Worth a read but geezer doesn't really say anything though...

(Paraphrasing)

- Dier deserved a chance but didn't deliver.
- MS isn't a right back.

...But then goes on to say the issues are tactical without further detail. Aren't the above essentially selection/personnel matters?

...the team looks worn out - so much football (PL, CL, and WC) over the last few years...I can count on one hand the number of players that can still consistently deliver at the level which we expect:

1) Son
2) Lamela
3) Sissoko
4) Davies
5) Hugo...maybe...

...we have no serviceable FBs and no effective DMs...
...Kane is burnt out....Eriksen, Jan, and Toby are mailing it in at this point...
...the team needs to be blown up and refreshed...there's no formation change that will save us at this point...
COYS

Our away form :dierno:
and little matter of Liverpool next :pochfacepalm:

The attitude and application of some of the players stinks; they're just going through the motions. And Poch's seeming inability to motivate them, drop his favourites, and get at least a gutsy reaction after Bayern is a disgrace. Need a break from these cunts.

Just watching the MOTD highlights.

Fucking Sissoko (who also flinched out the way of Bayern's free kick in the week) ducks out of the way of the cross for their second goal. Then fucking points. Wanker.
Wow, this is such a surprise post, not like you to dig out Moussa.
We get it, you don't like him. But seriously, there were 10 other players that were as bad if not worse yesterday. Hugo started the rot and Poch must also shoulder some of the blame by playing Moussa out of position too.
I respectfully request that you give it a rest.

Where was the 'reaction' that Poch had demanded from the team after Bayern ?. It vaporised after their first goal, feebly reappeared for about 5 minutes after half time and then laid on its back and died after that.
This is the worrying thing, they no longer play for him. He cannot motivate them any more and he and the squad know it. The marriage is over and it's time for the divorce, hopefully it will be amicable.

It’s that lack of reaction that has made me realise this problem is bigger than I thought and that something major needs to change.
18 points form the last possible 60 tells a story. We need a change and we need it now.

It’s that lack of reaction that has made me realise this problem is bigger than I thought and that something major needs to change.
18 points form the last possible 60 tells a story. We need a change and we need it now.
agreed this probelm has been with the team for most of last season, yes we were winning games but we were poor in many games,
something needs to change, and at this time in the season its only the manager that can be changed, maybe an option he brings in a defensive coach maybe that would work

Worth a read but geezer doesn't really say anything though...

(Paraphrasing)

- Dier deserved a chance but didn't deliver.
- MS isn't a right back.

...But then goes on to say the issues are tactical without further detail. Aren't the above essentially selection/personnel matters?

You can't select players that aren't available.

Sissoko at right back verged on criminal. We bought him all those years ago as an AM/winger. He really doesn't understand what a FB involves. To give him a contract until he's 33...?

Lamela is the answer to a question no-one can really fathom out.

Son has 2 good games followed by 6 dreadful games.

I'm a Winks supporter but think he may be turning into a Bentaleb/Mason/Carroll clone.

Not having an on-field captain in the mould of Keane/Adams/Mackay

Not replacing Llorente defied any logic (and saying 17 year old Parrott is the stand in, is insane). Can you imagine him against Dunk yesterday?

The Eriksen/Alderweireld/Vertonghen mess will haunt us for years to come.

Buying players that can't get fit/play - Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Janssen, Nkoudou, Njie

I'm starting to have doubts about Ndombele. Runs funny, no stamina and was woeful in the last 2/3 games.

Dier/Wanyama still in the squad?

Dele too worried about his image rights

The list goes on...

We're reaping the benefit of those missed windows when we decided not to re-inforce. If we had, we would now be looking at at least another 6/8 squad players of which 2/3 may have turned up in the way that half the team didn't yesterday.

The whole mess stems back to 2017. It will take us 3 or 4 windows to rebuild. I've always said that don't buy in January, but may have to suspend this for the next few windows.

Anyway, the manager stays and begins the rebuild. No Mourinho, Rafa, Sam, Pardew please.

We need to support our club at this difficult time.

Just checked and by the looks of things "if" Liverpool beat Man U next week they equal both the longest winning streak at the start of a season and the longest winning streak full stop.
So the week after... we face them with the records up for grabs.
No pressure.
:pochfacepalm:
I thought we held the record for most win at the start of the season with 11. Going back to our 60s team. Can anyone confirm?

This schtick is wearing fucking thin. They even singled him out on MOTD for the second goal.

Is putting a 100% shift in ducking out the way of the fucking ball so they can cross in to score ? Sissoko's 100% was no better than anyone else's. His lack of bollocks and effort cost us at least one goal directly, just like it dis against Newcastle, the dopey fucking twonk. He covered less ground, saw less ball, made less tackles and interceptions than Eriksen, so why is Sissoko fucking 100% better? It fucking isn't, its bollocks, just like the hyperbolic nonsense spouted about him every week by muppets.

He was fucking shit today. As he is most weeks. Of course not everything's his fault, but Poch's continual picking of a player with his footballing limitations, mental and physical, is major contributory factor in our downfall. Major.

He's emblematic of everything that's wrong with this side. Stupid, Lazy and fucking inept.

I never said he played well and you’re right about the second goal but like a lot of your posts about this one player you go way way way OTT but you just can’t see it

this could all go back to the champions league final, when we didnt show up, something has happened since then, because something isnt right about spurs play, theyre going through the motions, see the trouble is we dont know what is happening behind the scenes, have we got a man utd situation going on, has poch upset the players, have they heard things what poch has been saying behind their backs, look at the players body language, maybe his training methods are too much, and the batterys are flat, its nothing to do with the stadium, the stadium will make us a great club, but we must sort out whats going on behind the scenes, and what about poch interview saying, i dont have any say who comes , who goes, its not up to me, ask mr levy, all with a stroppy attitude, well i can 100 percent agree with levy on this, lets say for example kane upsets poch , and poch doesnt want him around the club anymore, (exactly what gooner graham did to ginola who was very upset when he got the call, he didnt want to leave, but graham wanted him gone, gooner cunt) if levy let the manager do this, its detrimental to the club, and it cant be allowed to happen, managers are fly by night, the chairman is about the club, so yes the manager should not choose who to get rid of.

If KWP is not good enough to play RB against Brighton and he is so bad to bring out of sorts Dier in the mid and move Sissoko out of position , then why is he at the club?

Poch is destroying KWP. and I feel sorry for him.

“Football can change so quickly,” added Sonny. “We have a game every three days and I believe we can turn it around. We’re together and we carry on, work harder. The best way is to go to Brighton and fight for every ball, fight in every situation, try to get a good result and bring home the three points.”
...and that was Sonny on Thursday...

To be honest, I don't believe a word of it any more.... it's all lip service and soundbites...

Until they can DO what they SAY they'll do on the pitch, they're all just stoopid players who GENUINELY don't get the sheer magnitude of the effect on the fans their indifference creates!

The attitude and application of some of the players stinks; they're just going through the motions. And Poch's seeming inability to motivate them, drop his favourites, and get at least a gutsy reaction after Bayern is a disgrace. Need a break from these cunts.

Definitely.

Poch at least admitted correctly that the international break has come at right time (for all of us!)

We’d get rolled against anyone if we played again this week.

Will be intrigued to see what frame of mind everyone is in come Watford on the 19th.

Back
Top Bottom