Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We may respond here but what's the fucking point

We will then only go and get dicked 6 nil at anfield and be back to square one yet again

Never mind getting “dicked 6 nil” at Anfield. After last nights humiliation I fear another catastrophe on the south coast with Poch falling on his sword soon after.

Our tempo seems to slow down to a crawl whenever Winks is not on the pitch though, not sure about leaving him out especially against a weaker side.

There are no weak sides in the premier league.
Unless that is, you are including all
18 sides below the top two. :pochcry:

We do tend to react well after a loss but this is the biggest test after a loss for a very long time. Everyone will be watching. expecting another calamity.
We need to slap these fuckers all over the pitch.

The cloud that is hanging over the club is needs to fuck off and the only ones that can do that are the players..
They owe us big time.

I have always backed KWP but thought he was dog shit against Colchester and don't want him to start Saturday.

Have often been critical of Dier and Foyth, and don't like to see back lines rotated - but right now our back 4 are shocking. We concede freely, and honestly think the below are more than capable.

Lloris
Foyth Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Dier
Sissoko Ndombele
Son Kane Lamela

I want to see Dier challenging headers in that DM area - allowing the CBs to stay deep. He doesn't need to be massively mobile - but blocking things, there for set pieces, recycling possession. I don't see how players ever get back to the levels of match fitness Poch insists on before starting them without playing games.

Ok I don't know if Foyth is able to play, but again he needs to start games to get match fitness back.

That's fine, but you can't play him at the base of a diamond. It's just not his game. CM with a Holding midfielder next to him maybe, but he's just not a DM no matter how much Poch wants him to be.

Balance of the team is a major issues. Winks makes us move with his constant work rate and quick passing, Ndombele adds class, Sissoko adds steel, however all are number 8’s by trade and it is difficult to have 3 in one side, 2 maybe.

Dier is defensively good but slow, Waynama is finished. While Dier on ability shouldn’t be in the team he is needed at this point. I would be tempted to go 4-3-3, put Dier as deepest to help release Ndombele and Winks with Sissoko moved to right back as KWP and Aurier aren’t good enough. Or in 4231 drop Winks then bring him in towards the end of the game to act as a pivot.

4-3-3

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Verts Davies
Ndombele Dier Winks
Lucas/Lamela Kane Son

4-2-3-1

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Vert Davies
Dier Ndombele
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

After Norwich beating city It has proved the PL is wide open and even the rubbish teams can cause an upset by winning against all odds, so I’m backing spurs to carry on the trend and snatch a draw from the face of defeat this weekend! :tobyarm:

Quite keen to see foyth play with Sanchez just to change it up a bit. Fuck knows about right back though. Preferably someone who can actually defend!

We should be doing our best to find Aurier a new club.

That's fine, but you can't play him at the base of a diamond. It's just not his game. CM with a Holding midfielder next to him maybe, but he's just not a DM no matter how much Poch wants him to be.
Agreed. I think some are conflating Poch asking Winks to do something he is not good at as proof that he doesn't offer anything. He offers a lot, but not centrally.

I will be in attendance.

Always a good day out.
I'm blaming you for last night with your 7-1 fetish the last year or so. WELL WE ALMOST GOT ONE BUT THE BAD KIND.

giphy.gif

:dierpochhug:

Balance of the team is a major issues. Winks makes us move with his constant work rate and quick passing, Ndombele adds class, Sissoko adds steel, however all are number 8’s by trade and it is difficult to have 3 in one side, 2 maybe.

Dier is defensively good but slow, Waynama is finished. While Dier on ability shouldn’t be in the team he is needed at this point. I would be tempted to go 4-3-3, put Dier as deepest to help release Ndombele and Winks with Sissoko moved to right back as KWP and Aurier aren’t good enough. Or in 4231 drop Winks then bring him in towards the end of the game to act as a pivot.

4-3-3

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Verts Davies
Ndombele Dier Winks
Lucas/Lamela Kane Son

4-2-3-1

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Vert Davies
Dier Ndombele
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane
2nd team looks good. . Its better to have both of Lucas and Lamela on the pitch instead of sacrificing one for Winks.

If Aurier plays I will cry. And it pains me as a fellow Hemel Hempstead born-and-bred chap myself but I'd drop Winks.

To keep up my Poch In stance, I need to see a reaction, and fully expect to get one. A comfortable 0 - 2 win where we look vastly superior is the minimum requirement.

Wasn't it Brighton who kept woolwich out of the top 4 last season? I hope we pound them but in a friendly, respectful manner. Kind of owe them!

Just make sure we attack from the off. No cautious starts. What can possibly go wrong?

giphy.gif

Lloris
Kwp Sanchez Toby Dier Jan Davies Rose
Wanyama
Kane

Flat back 7
Only field 10 men as it's a winning formula.
Long ball

Need to try and keep this respectable. Play for the draw, look for a smash and grab.

Coys
Shame can’t have 2 goalies

If Aurier plays I will cry. And it pains me as a fellow Hemel Hempstead born-and-bred chap myself but I'd drop Winks.

To keep up my Poch In stance, I need to see a reaction, and fully expect to get one. A comfortable 0 - 2 win where we look vastly superior is the minimum requirement.
I think poch wants aurier to play but the pl’s rule won’t allow him and thanks God for that

What has become clear with this squad is the lack of composure.

When they don't have to think, they're fine. First touch moves from Son, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen etc. always look smart, inventive and classy.

Give them a bit of space, a couple extra touches....basically, time to think, and they more often than not shit their pants.

Lucas and Harry have it in abundance. Just look at penalties for a showcase of Kane's composure.

We simply are nowhere near cutthroat enough to be great. It's half the battle.

Back
Top Bottom