Breakout Academy Player For 2019/20 PL Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which of our academy boys (if any) do you think could have their 'breakout' year this season?

I think that Skipp has shown enough to get a decent amount of games and i have to admit, i was very pleasantly surprised by Troy Parrott in pre-season and would like to see him in some match-day squads.

Walker-Peters.

Finally given the confidence of the manager. A nice long run in the team to see what he's all about. I reckon by mid-October we'll all be wondering why on earth Pochettino hadn't given him a chance sooner.

He's made a few errors in the games he's played previously but you could quite easily put that down to him being inexperienced, not in tune with his team mates and barely playing any competitive mens football over the last 3-4 years.

We've just sold an England international and not replaced him with a new signing. KWP should be on cloud nine right now. Give him the start at the weekend and allow him to keep that spot. If he makes an error here and there? Back him. It's a game played by humans and humans make mistakes.

We'll know by the end of this season whether or not KWP is good enough or not to play at a high level with Tottenham. I reckon he is, personally. Whether that's to start games or not, I don't know. But he could save us a lot of money on back up full backs (if he isn't up to scratch to be true starter).

Skipp - He'll play 30+ games for us this season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a first team regular by the end of the season, or if makes an England squad.

Parrott - I can see him making double digit appearances and getting one or two goals.

A big part of it is who will get the playing time. The player most likely to get minutes is KWP. I lack confidence in his ability to break out though. Well, if he plays mostly against weak teams he might because he’s good on attack.

The players I’m excited about are Skipp and Parrott. But their opportunities will be limited by the players in front of them. I think Skipp is most likely to see game time so I’ll pick him.

With our injury problems added to new players needing intergrating there will be opportunities for the 3 players mentioned and they need to take them.

I'd like to see more of Tanganga, though barring a horrible injury crisis I suspect Dier and Davies will be used as the backup centre halves when two of the main three are out.

No Llorente means Parrott might get chances too.

I'd like to see more of Tanganga, though barring a horrible injury crisis I suspect Dier and Davies will be used as the backup centre halves when two of the main three are out.

No Llorente means Parrott might get chances too.

Pretty sure we will see them a lot in the cup games but in the EPL ...

I'd agree with this Tanganga may only be 20 but in footballing terms he looks years older ... probably needs more than a season to step in for Toby or Vert but would love to see him come on and close out a few games.

Tough for our midfield boys we have such depth that unless Dier drops into defence, and Eriksen and Victor both leave just don't see how Georgiou or even Skipp get that much game time

Troy is probably one of the few Spurs fans happy to see the Dybala move fail, if that had gone through he'd have seen very little game time but unless we bring back Llorente (and I don't think that's happening) he may well get on the bench and come on for the last twenty minutes, starting this weekend.

Very much hope that Poch uses the bench more, half time substitutions are no bad thing even more so when we have games won ... want to see the key players Kane / Son / Ndombele not playing the full 90 minutes when it's really not necessary ... last season Poch made the least substitutions in the top six, hardly a surprise we were so knackered, after this window that should all change, we will see

Back
Top Bottom