Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first time to Bournemouth. I won't comment on the match itself much as it's probably been done to death in this thread and I haven't read any of it, except to say it was an utterly bizarre game and our second half performance was heroic.

Pretty good away I'd say, ground is like an old third division ground and it feels like an away cup tie. Fans are close to pitch. Plenty of pubs etc in the town and alongside the beach which make it an attractive place to go, even the train journey is quite scenic beyond Southampton. Their fans are shit, must be the worst home fans in the league I'd say...similar to Fulham and Reading when they were up. Our fans were, IMO, the best we've been all season, it reminded me of games in the 90s when our away support was superb. Constant loud singing through our attempt to hold on for a much needed point, and when they scored we broke instantly into "we love you Tottenham we do". Most people stayed to clap the players off. Fair play to Trippier, Sissoko and- I have to admit- Rose, who came right over to us (the others looked too dejected to be fair to them). Sissoko and Rose threw their shirts into the crowd.

Two cup finals ahead in the next week. And then possibly, though it's unlikely, the biggest game this club has had probably since 1962.
You get so close to the players too. I was right at the front and felt scared whenever Sissoko came close. He’s huge.

And the opportunity is spurs playing shit every week, despite having the staff to play well.

Thank god arse and Utd are utter shit or we’d be 6th
If we beat Barca 3-0 in the final you'd be on here telling everyone that Deli was shite and could have scored, and that etc etc etc

You simply lack the will to fucking Stop, despite the fact that we all have eyes and can see for ourselves what is happening.
I keep telling you that when we all have an open wound because of adverse results, having you poking the wound with your shit stick is not what anyone needs.

But you just keep going

If we beat Barca 3-0 in the final you'd be on here telling everyone that Deli was shite and could have scored, and that etc etc etc
If he was shite I would say he was shite....maybe that’s weird to you. Maybe you remember telling everyone how Sissoko had no place in this team for two years. Oh well.

You simply lack the will to fucking Stop, despite the fact that we all have eyes and can see for ourselves what is happening.
I keep telling you that when we all have an open wound because of adverse results, having you poking the wound with your shit stick is not what anyone needs.

But you just keep going

You still don’t understand and I’m not sure what’s confusing you.
I have the will to stop, but the team is playing shit. So how can I stop saying it’s playing shit when it’s playing shit?

When they play better, I will say they played better.

Why are you so annoyed at someone saying Dele has been crap?
Are you following around the thousands of posters saying Trippier has been crap?

You lot are all the same with your fake integrity....the whole squad bar Kane, Dele and Eriksen and then Poch are all fair game for constant slatings and abuse, and you just done care. You even did it yourself to Sissoko.

People that want new players crowing on about backing the current players that they want shipped out.....cry me a river.

Right now this team won’t miss Dele one little bit, anymore than it will miss Dier. So defend one of them with all your might because he was good in 2016, I couldn’t care less.

Assuming we go through to the top 4 on GD, as disappointed as we were, that really was a heroic performance by the 9 left to finish off the game and keep it at 1. This is the same Bournemouth team that dicked Chelsea 4-0.

If he was shite I would say he was shite....maybe that’s weird to you. Maybe you remember telling everyone how Sissoko had no place in this team for two years. Oh well.

You still don’t understand and I’m not sure what’s confusing you.
I have the will to stop, but the team is playing shit. So how can I stop saying it’s playing shit when it’s playing shit?

When they play better, I will say they played better.

Why are you so annoyed at someone saying Dele has been crap?
Are you following around the thousands of posters saying Trippier has been crap?

You lot are all the same with your fake integrity....the whole squad bar Kane, Dele and Eriksen and then Poch are all fair game for constant slatings and abuse, and you just done care. You even did it yourself to Sissoko.

People that want new players crowing on about backing the current players that they want shipped out.....cry me a river.

Right now this team won’t miss Dele one little bit, anymore than it will miss Dier. So defend one of them with all your might because he was good in 2016, I couldn’t care less.
you say everyone is crap, every time we lose.
Its ALL you ever do
sorry - the other thing you do is to ask people a question about something they didn't say, and then attack them for it, to bolster your position.

My comments about Sissoko must have been justified to an extent - because he did have no place in the team, he was a barely used sub, and when he played he was inept.

Surely you should be proud of me - isn't that your mantra - say it like you see it, irrespective of how hard the truth is? I said it because for me there was no historical bank of excellent performances, so I wasn't swayed by any examples of stunning football.

you say everyone is crap, every time we lose.
Its ALL you ever do
Not really. I say whoever is crap when they are crap, and those who played well, I say played well.

You seem to not get the concept that I don’t say Dele was good when he wasn’t.

sorry - the other thing you do is to ask people a question about something they didn't say, and then attack them for it, to bolster your position.

No, I find that people generally say stuff like “DELE HASNT BEEN POOR!!!!!!! SUPPORT THE PLAYERS!!!!!!”

And when I remind that Trippier is one of the players, they don’t like it.

My comments about Sissoko must have been justified to an extent - because he did have no place in the team, he was a barely used sub, and when he played he was inept.
Ahhhhhhn YOU slagging off a player is justified!
Don’t rewrite history Mick....he was used regularly much to many people’s despair.

A couple of us could see the player in there though years ago and have the posts to prove it. Don’t be mad because you threw him under the bus and was wrong. He made many of you look silly, but most can admit it.

Surely you should be proud of me - isn't that your mantra - say it like you see it, irrespective of how hard the truth is? I said it because for me there was no historical bank of excellent performances, so I wasn't swayed by any examples of stunning football.
Yes but because it’s players from the immune club that have underperformed, no one is allowed to mention it though eh

Last edited:
Not really. I say whoever is crap when they are crap, and those who played well, I say played well.

You seem to not get the concept that I don’t say Dele was good when he wasn’t.

No, I find that people generally say stuff like “DELE HASNT BEEN POOR!!!!!!! SUPPORT THE PLAYERS!!!!!!”

And when I remind that Trippier is one of the players, they don’t like it.

Ahhhhhhn YOU slagging off a player is justified!
Don’t rewrite history Mick....he was used regularly much to many people’s despair.

A couple of us could see the player in there though years ago and have the posts to prove it. Don’t be mad because you threw him under the bus and was wrong. He made many of you look silly, but most can admit it.

Yes but because it’s players from the immune club that have underperformed, no one is allowed to mention it though eh
You really are a deluded fantasist at times.
Sammy world, where only one person can be right about everything all of the time.

You really are a deluded fantasist at times.
Sammy world, where only one person can be right about everything all of the time.
No, I was wrong about many things, like Lamela being a nothing player. He proved me wrong.
Dele showed determination and improvement the last time I doubted him and proved me wrong.

But he’s lapsed again, it’s oh so simple.

I was wrong that Trippier would regain his form from last season.....loads of stuff, and I don’t care about admitting it.

But some people have a major problem with their wild fantasies about Dele being one of the best AMs in Europe being shown to be a total myth.
Yes it’s a shame and I want him to be that, but I’m not afraid to accept he isn’t, and I fear he never will be.

I reckon Saturday was all put on and classic Poch trolling.
Let’s get Sonny sent off ( fresh for Wednesday) then another man and then let’s concede in stoppage time. Let the deluded South London Shitbags get all excited and make complete Pricks of themselves and then let them royally fuck it up so we can all laugh non stop for the entire year.

Nice work Poch, it certainly worked.:sonlol:

Assuming we go through to the top 4 on GD, as disappointed as we were, that really was a heroic performance by the 9 left to finish off the game and keep it at 1. This is the same Bournemouth team that dicked Chelsea 4-0.

Bournemouth's keeper Man of the Match when playing against 9 men for half the match, is a bit of an indication of what could have been.

Bournemouth's keeper Man of the Match when playing against 9 men for half the match, is a bit of an indication of what could have been.
Indeed.Shame we couldn't have hung for the point.The 9 left on the pitch deserved it.
And we really would be smiling this morning.
I still cant get over confident whilst its mathematically possible for the wrong uns to get top 4.

If we don't get intelligent players in but get units in that Poch has sanctioned, is he still the right manager for us or has he taken us as far as he can?

For me, no. I don't want a team of Eriksen's obviously, but we're definitely athlete/stupid heavy right now and need to redress that balance somewhat, not exasperate it.

Just watching the highlights back. Bournemouth are fucking shit. The Eddie Howe myth needs to get in the sea.

Bit harsh mate. Look from where the Eddie Howe myth has taken Bournemouth to where they are now

He's not perfect but fucking ell I cannot believe firstly that Bournemouth actually became a PL club and second that they have managed to stay in the PL for the last 4 seasons

Bit harsh mate. Look from where the Eddie Howe myth has taken Bournemouth to where they are now

He's not perfect but fucking ell I cannot believe firstly that Bournemouth actually became a PL club and second that they have managed to stay in the PL for the last 4 seasons

It's not like they haven't spend ridiculous amounts of money to do so..

Same people will moan that Salford are now in the football league.

Back
Top Bottom