Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Huge game, a chance to qualify for the Champions League for next season and take some momentum into Wednesdays match.

Bournemouth are safe from relegation and not fighting for 7th, but still can’t be underestimated. They have talented players, but have had a hit and miss season.

Sissoko showed today how he can run a midfield, and although we have a semi final Wednesday, this match is more important. Strongest 11 is the only way to go.

Lloris

Foyth - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Dier - Sissoko
Dele - Eriksen - Lucas
Son
Foyth done more in 15 minutes than Trippier did all game against Ajax. Also Jan has been cleared of a concussion, but I think he’ll be rested.

Big game, but we’re a big team and we need to show that here.

COYS.

Strongest 11 is the only way to go.

I pray Poch sees it the same way.

Not to be a drama queen about it, but we might regret putting a weakened team out for this game for decades. Or we might get battered even with our best XI.

Some how, some way, please God get us to August still as the formidable European power it's taken so long to put together and for which we spent a billion pounds on a home.

Have a terrible feeling about this. Have to play son and drop llorente.

I can't believe we can go into the Everton game needing a win and being able to get it done. Please lads. Please please. Dont care how it's done. Last minute pen. Whatever it takes. If we win this then we can go into the ajax 2nd leg with total confidence and freedom.

Having said that, based on out last 3 games I'm not confident.

Huge game, a chance to qualify for the Champions League for next season and take some momentum into Wednesdays match.

Bournemouth are safe from relegation and not fighting for 7th, but still can’t be underestimated. They have talented players, but have had a hit and miss season.

Sissoko showed today how he can run a midfield, and although we have a semi final Wednesday, this match is more important. Strongest 11 is the only way to go.

Lloris

Foyth - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Dier - Sissoko
Dele - Eriksen - Lucas
Son
Foyth done more in 15 minutes than Trippier did all game against Ajax. Also Jan has been cleared of a concussion, but I think he’ll be rested.

Big game, but we’re a big team and we need to show that here.

COYS.
Want to see this line in the second leg aswell, this is the strongest possible team we have, and these are our 2 biggest games of the season. They can have a rest against Everton, if they win both. One of the biggest weeks ahead of us that I can remember.

Bournemouth have a lot of injured defenders, so they have to attack.

We need to have a decent forward line for this and a decent defefence to deal with their forwards and we will
win. Doesn't mean we don't use the likes of Skipp to rest some players though.

If we win the match, wil be so much better for Spurs going into the Ajax match - no worries about top 4 and confidence from beating other teams .

Just got to get this right Pochettino.

Definite starters will be KWP, Foyth (unless it's Trippier with Foyth to play Wednesday), Davies and Dier. Son will play as will Moura. Then who?

I would play Wanyama (Dier can start in Ajax), Eriksen and Alli and honestly Janssen.

I would rather rest Sissoko although that could be a risk so have him on the bench.

We have to treat this match seriously.

It's been a stupendous effort by an undermanned team all season long but I just don't know if we have anything left in the tank, physically and mentally. It might well come down to 2 points against Bournemouth and Everton, with some real heart-attack stuff.

No way we should play first team regardless of their energy level and fitness!

We should select a team that can run and compete from first minute till the end.

Lloris
KWP — Foyth — Sanchez — Davies
Dier
Skipp— Eriksen
Dele
Janssen —Son

Kick off the match in full throttle. Get a few goals ASAP and replace Eriksen, Son and Dele after 60+ min to rest them for next week finale!

Cannot risk any injury to Sissoko; aside from that; full stength team. We MUST secure a top 4 sport for next season as top priority.

Getting to the ECL final is a once in a lifetime opportunity for 95% of our squad and I don't envy Poch having to manage the squad in the current form and mindset.

Bournemouth are professionals who will fully understand Spurs's upcoming fixture. I would not expect any injuries to occur to players through dirty tackles.

I suspect this will be a slow paced game dictated by set pieces; with Spurs picking up a scrappy 2-0 win.

Just want this horror show of a season to end to be honest (despite being 3rd and in a CL semi).

Reset. Recharge. Fuck off the deadwood. Sign players. Go again.

Just win the game ffs.

Trippier hasn't done anything to deserve another start. Play KWP or Foyth.
It's a difficult situation, our players look like they're running out of gas and Ajax next week will no doubt be huge so you have to wonder, do we rest some players for that one or we go all in for the remaining games?

Back
Top Bottom