Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well
I was out at the Army v Navy game at Twickenham yesterday - and saw the result

I thought there was little point in coming on here, as I was pissed off (and hung over) enough

one look at page 110 is enough, and who should be shouting the loudest about how shit everyone is?
Same old same old

Props to Airfixx for trying to stem the leaks.
Let it go mate, sometimes it ain't worth it. This result was always going to bring the rats out, scurrying into the light to feed on rotten scraps.

that was a deliberate assault and should have been a red IMHO

And I’ve just seen Pogpa lead with his studs head high a minute ago with the Huddersfield player having to take evasive action right in front of the ref and just a free kick

No consistency

It's a forum FFS. Players don't see this. In the ground the same people complaining are the ones cheering them on. You sound like the quiet type of fan when you go. Maybe save the money, they don't notice you anyway
Ha. So true. Some think the players & manager read this forum. Would have won the title if you posted more supportive posts. It's all on you.

My first time to Bournemouth. I won't comment on the match itself much as it's probably been done to death in this thread and I haven't read any of it, except to say it was an utterly bizarre game and our second half performance was heroic.

Pretty good away I'd say, ground is like an old third division ground and it feels like an away cup tie. Fans are close to pitch. Plenty of pubs etc in the town and alongside the beach which make it an attractive place to go, even the train journey is quite scenic beyond Southampton. Their fans are shit, must be the worst home fans in the league I'd say...similar to Fulham and Reading when they were up. Our fans were, IMO, the best we've been all season, it reminded me of games in the 90s when our away support was superb. Constant loud singing through our attempt to hold on for a much needed point, and when they scored we broke instantly into "we love you Tottenham we do". Most people stayed to clap the players off. Fair play to Trippier, Sissoko and- I have to admit- Rose, who came right over to us (the others looked too dejected to be fair to them). Sissoko and Rose threw their shirts into the crowd.

Two cup finals ahead in the next week. And then possibly, though it's unlikely, the biggest game this club has had probably since 1962.

one look at page 110 is enough, and who should be shouting the loudest about how shit everyone is?
Same old same old
Props to Airfixx for trying to stem the leaks.
Let it go mate, sometimes it ain't worth it. This result was always going to bring the rats out, scurrying into the light to feed on rotten scraps.

iraqiinformationminister.jpg

Kane would have scored from at least the 2 chances we had in the first 30 mins and would have not been in this dilemma.
This makes me sad. Kane loved boosting his goal tally at the end of the season. I really can't believe Son put our season in jeopardy like that. Foyth over KWP too... great.

Is anyone actually confident in beating Everton without Son or Kane? How the fuck are we going to score. Eriksen/Dele/Lucas and Llorente up top?

Did we win?
No we didn't. ..... and Robbo got sent off whilst he was carried off on a stretcher. Went up there 6 weeks later for a league cup game and that was 0-0 with Chris Turner having a blinder. Two evening games up there and not so much as a goal to celebrate. Couldn’t do it now.

Last edited:
Really sad effort from the players yesterday.

Son might have been upset about the hand stamp, but it is so naive to push another player to the ground. Foyths challenge was absolutely reckless. Dier has gone from being serviceable in CM to being a complete liability.

I'm really disappointed in the gamesmanship of the team- big moment for us and they laid a complete egg. Now we have to do it the hard way.

Shout out to Levy though- selling Dembele for a paltry 10m with Skipp as a replacement? I love Skipp but it seems pretty clear Poch doesn't trust him in big situations yet. We could have really used Dembele yesterday.

Two huge games coming up. I hope we can prevail but gawd it's gonna be tough. The lack of composure from the players has made it even tougher now...

This makes me sad. Kane loved boosting his goal tally at the end of the season. I really can't believe Son put our season in jeopardy like that. Foyth over KWP too... great.

Is anyone actually confident in beating Everton without Son or Kane? How the fuck are we going to score. Eriksen/Dele/Lucas and Llorente up top?
I know but that’s where we are , it’s the fault of the manager and team collectively, it is not only one match we lost yesterday, we also lost to Lower teams and also haven’t won away league in 2019 I think.
Next Sunday is the last chance else we ate in deep deep trouble which takes us back to the 1990s. This is because we are overtaken by Liverpool this season and with them and city miles ahead. Chelsea, woolwich and manu will spend this summer, levy won’t because new stadium cost and no CL. We are done if we don’t win next Sunday. Sunday is more important than Wednesday for the future of the club

Shout out to Levy though- selling Dembele for a paltry 10m with Skipp as a replacement? I love Skipp but it seems pretty clear Poch doesn't trust him in big situations yet. We could have really used Dembele yesterday.

Personally I don’t feel we are selling players the manager wanted to keep above his head.
It’s Pochs mistake as much as it is Levy’s

Back
Top Bottom