Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh shut up you twat.

Fuckers like you have been gearing up for this all week.

YOU love it.

Europa league meaning less entitled moaners like you in the stadium?

Fuck yes! .....Where do I sign up?

Why would you want to sign up for us to play Europa. Says it all about the kind of fan you are. Maybe hand back your season ticket if you even have one

Last edited:
The Lucas one on ones and the Dele header were very decent chances that we carved out through some very decent build up play. This is what frustrated the supporters at the game: we were playing well and creating chances.

Yet the CM, RB and summer window was to blame to most.

I’ve said several times that our biggest problem for years has been not taking chances, or not creating chances in the final third.

If you care enough, you put the ball into the back of the net, against the frightened little teenager who’s never played a professional game of football before.

It wasn’t Levy missing, it wasn’t Trippier, it wasn’t Dier.

It was Dele and Moura. It was Son who got a red on half time.
Call it trying all you want, at the end of the day, the term bottle job is a fitting one......Wolves, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth were all bottle jobs that did not require big signings to garner three points from the 15 available.

When can we say we bottled it? After a defeat to Everton? That’s one game. That’s acceptable.
6 wont be.....0 from 18pts when three was needed can’t be seen as anything else than bottling it.

But no - if Dier had been sent off the game would have taken a different course and Son may not have been sent off, Foyth almost certainly wouldn't as he probably wouldn't have been used. And we would probably have had a penalty in the final minutes if VAR was used (assuming the game did take the same course). So many variables!
Bottle job - not for me. We were over anxious for the first 30 minutes, and missing 4 or 5 chances just made it worse, which resulted in the red mist descending for Son. He had been physically abused by Lermar a few minutes earler though and the ref did nothing, so when he was punched by the same player a second time.... well what would you have done? And if you're saying the 9 who remained were bottlers, nah, that isn't true at all.

9 men was mission impossible to win the game and I didn't see us even getting a draw but we were close. However it's the games that have gone before especially after European nights against Burnleys and Southamptons. attitude has been poor. Poch questioned the mentality too. That's exactly we got two reds for not thinking about the team. It cost us the game.

Love this.

Fucking whiners and melters think they have a monopoloy on sorrow, the arrogant pricks....

Just that some of us don't smear our shit all over the walls the moment things aren't to their liking and understand the value of SUPPORT over fair-weather fandom.

It's a forum FFS. Players don't see this. In the ground the same people complaining are the ones cheering them on. You sound like the quiet type of fan when you go. Maybe save the money, they don't notice you anyway

Dunno why you lot are talking about the match for real when it was all about a cheating ref. Spurs fans (some I read here) are quick to have a go at the team and the manager or Levy, but defend crappy cheating refs who Sky are paying - Chelsea never had a red card in 73 matches (make it 74 after tomorrows game).
It wasn't the ref or the pitch or the sun.

It was us. Poor discipline and decision making.

Son and Foyth should be fined a months wages at least.

The whole PL season could boil down to 2 minutes of madness.

Yet the CM, RB and summer window was to blame to most.

I’ve said several times that our biggest problem for years has been not taking chances, or not creating chances in the final third.

If you care enough, you put the ball into the back of the net, against the frightened little teenager who’s never played a professional game of football before.

It wasn’t Levy missing, it wasn’t Trippier, it wasn’t Dier.

It was Dele and Moura. It was Son who got a red on half time.
Call it trying all you want, at the end of the day, the term bottle job is a fitting one......Wolves, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth were all bottle jobs that did not require big signings to garner three points from the 15 available.

When can we say we bottled it? After a defeat to Everton? That’s one game. That’s acceptable.
6 wont be.....0 from 18pts when three was needed can’t be seen as anything else than bottling it.

Yes, agreed but stop going on as though having extra players doesn't help.

As if having those options when games are lost for whatever reason is not better than having to rely on the same players.

I loved watching Jimmy White when I was a youngster. No snooker player epitomised the ability to grab defeat from victory more than the mercurial left hander from Tooting (down the road from me)

I have supported this club for even longer.

The parallels are not lost on me.

You lotwho have a go at the players are a disgrace. Anyone who had this shite given to them week-in-week-out would fold.
The players tried to fight and the FA/ref/Sky/media stopped them. I would never complain about the players with a ref like this who was determined to stop Tottenham. Spurs have built the best stadium in the world and in England they are trying to sabotage Tottenham.
Chelsea have a barn of a stadium and Woolwich's new one looks like crap in comparison. Sky and the media know it.
BTW, Woolwich play no English players every game, it's never mentioned by the media.....

Spurs fans get behind the players not the (Sky) FA.

Just to be clear when you say the people slagging off “the players” are a disgrace, do you mean “the players” that “aren’t good enough” are “Champo level cloggers” and “should never wear the shirt again”?

Or do you just mean Dele and Eriksen?

Because there is a really bizarre pattern on this forum where people want to bleat on about supporting “the players” yet some of the same people are happy to call Trippier a cunt, Dier shit, were happy to abuse Sissoko for two years, want Davies sold etc etc etc.

Every week I’m told this squad is shit, the chairman is a cunt for not replacing our crap back up, and every window, I don’t see any support for “the players” outside of Toby, Eriksen, Dele and Kane.

So if we have a four man squad then fine.....but for me there’s a big difference between people who are really pissed off with the underachieving of players they believe have the skills required, and of those who think 95% of the squad is mid table garbage.

Just to be clear when you say the people slagging off “the players” are a disgrace, do you mean “the players” that “aren’t good enough” are “Champo level cloggers” and “should never wear the shirt again”?

Or do you just mean Dele and Eriksen?

Because there is a really bizarre pattern on this forum where people want to bleat on about supporting “the players” yet some of the same people are happy to call Trippier a cunt, Dier shit, were happy to abuse Sissoko for two years, want Davies sold etc etc etc.

Every week I’m told this squad is shit, the chairman is a cunt for not replacing our crap back up, and every window, I don’t see any support for “the players” outside of Toby, Eriksen, Dele and Kane.

So if we have a four man squad then fine.....but for me there’s a big difference between people who are really pissed off with the underachieving of players they believe have the skills required, and of those who think 95% of the squad is mid table garbage.
Every player should be supported they put on a Tottenham shirt they should be supported 100% whether you think they are good enough or not! The reaction since yesterday has been per the norm after a defeat now if we were mid table fair enough supporters get frustrated but we’ve got our season in our own hands we can still finish top four and have champions league football again and bare in mind we are 3rd at the moment worst 4th by tea time there will be 16 teams below/worse than us who have spent more than us and would kill for our position right at this minute we’ve fuck all to moan about.

What's ridiculous is that THIS wasn't given as a free kick despite the referee looking right at it.

Really was one of the worst refereeing displays this season (for both sides).

Shocking and should have been a yellow

It's a forum FFS. Players don't see this. In the ground the same people complaining are the ones cheering them on. You sound like the quiet type of fan when you go. Maybe save the money, they don't notice you anyway

Of all things i sound like the quiet type?

Meanwhile you want me to believe the lamest support on here equates to the opposite in the stadium?

Proof you'll post any old shite at this juncture.

Kane would have scored from at least the 2 chances we had in the first 30 mins and would have not been in this dilemma.

Last edited:
Of all things i sound like the quiet type?

Meanwhile you want me to believe the lamest support on here equates to the opposite in the stadium?

Proof you'll post any old shite at this juncture.

Lamest support? Fans showing their frustration at the attitude of the team in games like that doesn't equal lame support its the opposite. Top 4 is the future of the team so we want them to finish their to kick on next season. You're the kind that settles for any old shit happily. That's up to you. Clear lack of passion from you. Yes you definitely sound like the quite type if you even go to games.

Back
Top Bottom