Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like your optimism, but Barca would absolutely pump us.

Our best bet is to get them in a final and the footballing Gods strike them down.

I think Aguero is contractually obliged to score against us, so we don't want City. And Athletico are just shithouse bastards and would grind us down.
in a almost masochistic way I kind of want us to face Atletico (but would rather do it in a group stage game tbf) jsut so Poch could experience that absolute level of shithousery and grinding. Just so he learns how to play against it.

But yeah, Roma or Port any day of the week.

Worth mentioning that if any other 'big' side, say Liverpool, had made slight work of Dortmund as we have, everyone would be singing their praises and considering them favorites for the competition.

Last edited:
The saltiness i've witnessed today is beautiful.. Woolwich and Spam fans have been the most boiled.

"Dortmund are garbage" "Easy draw" :dembelelol::dembelelol:

Once again we have broken the football world.

It really tickles me. When we draw these teams it is all 'Spurs have no chance' & they will get 'battered by XYZ FC'
& then when we win those same teams 'have been rubbish for ages' & 'not all that'.

Social media cunts.

I was just watching back the highlights, and I have to say it's really unbelievable that we didn't concede a goal in this tie. They had so many chances over the course of the two legs and our defence hasn't been exactly watertight this season, but somehow we kept them out.

In the cold light of day, it was an excellent result but another sub-par performance from an attacking standpoint. I'm usually Mr Glass Half Full on these threads, but we need to start clicking again as an offensive unit. Southampton aren't a pushover under David Morrissey but it's a game we desperately need 3 points from before the break, otherwise Liverpool away becomes 'must win to stay top 4' territory.

Last ditch tackles and goalkeeping heroics are great TV, but I'd rather avoid that kind of thing generally.
Seriously?? Weve just schooled the leaders of the bundesliga 4-0 over two legs get a grip ffs :pochwtf:

Worth mentioning that if any other side 'big' side, say Liverpool, had made slight work of Dortmund as we have, everyone would be singing their praises and considering them favorites for the competition.

The commentator on bt sport said as much last night...he said if it was a one of the CL big teams every one would be putting at how we've beaten them...not sure if he's taking the piss or complimenting us lol

The saltiness i've witnessed today is beautiful.. Woolwich and Spam fans have been the most boiled.

"Dortmund are garbage" "Easy draw" :dembelelol::dembelelol:

Once again we have broken the football world.

Agreed, if it were either of them they'd be talking it up that Dortmund are one of the most dynamic and exciting teams in all of Europe, the draw of the contest!!

It really tickles me. When we draw these teams it is all 'Spurs have no chance' & they will get 'battered by XYZ FC'
& then when we win those same teams 'have been rubbish for ages' & 'not all that'.

Social media cunts.

yep, seen a lot of this today. Dortmund 'have been off for ages" apparently. And yet all the talk pre-match was free scoring this, never not scored at home

It’s not that long ago that an aging and average Chelsea team somehow won the Champions League against all odds.

Considering that, why could we not do the same ?

Back
Top Bottom