Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did what we had to do. Poch got so much stick this time last year for going control of the tie by Allegri's changes. Much more proactive in these games although the point is right that as an attacking unit we need to up the gears again. We're running out of games to ease our way in as first expected.

Who do we all want next then? For me the CL is wide open this year and I'd love the easiest tie* (*on paper) being Ajax or Porto/Roma. We saw Liverpool get all the way with a favourable draw, why can't we do the same.

Who do we all want next then? For me the CL is wide open this year and I'd love the easiest tie* (*on paper) being Ajax or Porto/Roma. We saw Liverpool get all the way with a favourable draw, why can't we do the same.

Porto or Roma. 100%

I see people gobbling up a narrative that we defended brilliantly, but we didn't - if we did, then Dortmund wouldn't have had so many good chances.

I'm just not sure they had so many 'good chances'. Reus aside, most were comfortably saved and narrow chances from the wings (edit: remembered the header too). We did a good job of pushing them out wide. We also didn't give away cheap freekicks and bookings. It was disciplined stuff.

I agree that we were better in the second half. We certainly pressed more from the midfield.

Perhaps I am being too biased. But a clean sheet at Westfalen stadium is good, luck or not.

In all honesty, I doubt Barcelona or Man City would mind us. They've both beaten us this season.

True but I would like to think that we’ve improved since then and I thought we deserved to win at the Nou Camp albeit they were without a few players
So my point still stands

True but I would like to think that we’ve improved since then and I thought we deserved to win at the Nou Camp albeit they were without a few players
So my point still stands

Fair enough.

I think both would destroy us personally, especially over two legs. If we end up with City or Barca, I'd rather it be in a one off final where anything can truly happen.

cba to screenshot.. but look at the BBC sport home page. Find our match report.. tucked way down the page

Haven't looked but can't say I am not surprised.

This is a website that had a headline in regards to Woolwich out-spursing Spurs at the weekend as they missed a penalty in the last minute to win the game.

So my point still stands

I like your optimism, but Barca would absolutely pump us.

Our best bet is to get them in a final and the footballing Gods strike them down.

I think Aguero is contractually obliged to score against us, so we don't want City. And Athletico are just shithouse bastards and would grind us down.

Back
Top Bottom