Biggest disappointment,getting beat!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In our long proud history there has some momentous highs along with some painful excruciating lows but what in your opinion has been the worst? Being a bit older now I can pass over a defeat quite quickly and move on and look forward to the next game,life's to short but that's not always been the case two games in particular were just at the time sickening first one 95 cup semi-final v Everton I was desperate for Klinsmann to get to the final we did the hard work at Anfield then a capitulation in the semi!!! Again a cup semi this time v Portsmouth ffs we did everything but score and as you watched it you just knew what was coming....though I'd have rather they won it, but well well.

Can we have a rule of NO NEGATIVE THREADS TO BE STARTED ON A MATCHDAY please? ta!

:dembelefingers::avbfacepalm:

Save it for Full-Time when we all need some 'cheering up' or 'Bringing back down to Earth'!

:vdvshh::klinsmann:

Well the Newcastle game last year was the last I checked any football news for at least 3 months.

The Chelsea CL win was sickening too, especially to top off the capitulation at the end of that season.

Yeah, I'd also go with the CL win for the chavs. After a season of Harry/'s court case and all the England speculation, we nonetheless manage to get into the CL places only to have it ripped away, and for them to change the rules immediately afterwards to give future clubs the same sort of pass that Liverpool got, thus having us go down as the only side to get sung by the "only four places" rule, made me feel so fucking angry. No actual Spurs result has come close to doing that for me.

That said, there were two other moments that left me feeling deflated. One was when we were 3-0 up against Man U at the Lane and they came back to score five goals in the second half. The other was when the scum won the league at the Lane.

In terms of being there, the 4-0 thrashing at the hands of that cunt Adebayor et al in Madrid.

I'd waited 22 years to see us in Madrid, and had a fine old day in the Plaza Mayor (and the night before in Plaza Ana) before the game, and in the bars near the ground. Only to see us implode spectacularly, embarassingly on the night.

Games I wasn't there at:

1987 - watched the Cup Final at home with my Tottenham flatmate and 3 scousers. In the face of ridicule from the latters and the accumulated effect of the beers and weed I may have gone to bed straight after the game and cried alone. To even more ridicule.

2001 - In Seville for a Manc mate's wedding. Went to an Irish pub to watch us at home v United. Dean Richards RIP at the near post for the 1-0. Unwisely gave it large at 3-0 up at half time to my mates Manc friends.

Younger readers with a tendency toward sado-masochism can enjoy my public hell here...

Last edited:
League Cup Final v Blackburn. That was a long drive home with precious little to hope for.

And Tottenham 1 - Chelsea 6. That was horrific.

But sadly, there was a 10 year period when two or three games a season could have been nearly as bad.

A nod goes to 97 and Forest at home. I think they were bottom at the time Stuart Pearce had just got the job as player manager and they scored early. We left the ground and was back in our local in Chingford before the final whistle and heard it over the radio that we failed to have a shot on target in the whole second half ( bit like today :dembelewtf: ) might have been Dave Bassett 's first game actually or Pearce's last. Either way it was shite

Last edited:
League Cup Final v Blackburn. That was a long drive home with precious little to hope for.

And Tottenham 1 - Chelsea 6. That was horrific.

But sadly, there was a 10 year period when two or three games a season could have been nearly as bad.

A nod goes to 97 and Forest at home. I think they were bottom at the time Stuart Pearce had just got the job as player manager and they scored early. We left the ground and was back in our local in Chingford before the final whistle and heard it over the radio that we failed to have a shot on target in the whole second half ( bit like today :dembelewtf: ) might have been Dave Bassett 's first game actually or Pearce's last. Either way it was shite

I think It might have been Irvine Scholar's first game as Notts Forest Director as well and I remember all of Paxton Road looking up at the west stand when Forest scored to see Scholar loudly and theatrically applauding. Not impressed

Semi Final defeat of 93 for me, I was only 13 at the time and our run up to that point had seemed magical and it was in the year of the cockerel and I thought we would go all the way.

Absolute agony seeing Gooners at school and in my street again after having 2 years of bragging rights after 91.

Back
Top Bottom