Big club (supposedly) jealousy !

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As if Monday night's reaction wasn't proof of how the establishment are worried about us, I've just had a tedious night listening to a bunch of jealous know-it-alls deriding what we have achieved this season and our plans to use Wembley.

From a Manure supporter (Londoner of course !) - If/when we play at Wembley apparently we won't be able to fill it even at reduced capacity - typical load of bollocks from a blinkered twat who doesn't understand how much support we have. His wife is a Scum supporter who reckons we should get a 5 point deduction, but then she would, wouldn't she - a sure sign of desperation. They deserve each other !

I'm really happy they're reacting like this because it means they're worried about us gate crashing their little club. We just need to make sure we finish second and the icing on the cake would be for the goons to finish outside the top 4.

COYS

5 points, hahahaha.

Funny thing is, now after the Congolese massacre that had been reported on in the post-match, now quite a lot of journos are talking about it almost effusively after City's limp-dick performance.

Even fucking Jaime Redknapp.

5 points, hahahaha.

Funny thing is, now after the Congolese massacre that had been reported on in the post-match, now quite a lot of journos are talking about it almost effusively after City's limp-dick performance.

Even fucking Jaime Redknapp.
You either murder Chelsea as villains, or live long enough to see yourself become the heroes...

Wait, that doesn't seem right.

harvey_dent_is_by_indifferentsociety.jpg

Will Wembley be reduced capacity so it doesn't fall foul of local planning regulations? If that's the case then the issue will be trying to satisfy demand and not concerns about vacant seats.

IMO, We would have few problems filling Wembley with a 60000 capacity (which is what I read somewhere)- even higher if the authorities would allow it. Take into account as well, the number of away fans that would want an opportunity to go to Wembley for the experience. It isn't every day that a trip out to Wembley comes along for most teams.

It makes good commercial sense for the FA to have the stadium occupied as often as possible without upsetting the local authority & residents.

It is such a better option for us than anything else that's been mooted & thankfully, it looks like it is going to be our home whilst WHL is being rebuilt.

:avbpray:

There is huge jealously from the so called big teams. I've never experienced anything like it. Fans of these teams are incensed about us, they are in pain, because our rise is seen by them not as an achievement by us but as a failing by them. The truth is that in many cases it is both. Us finishing above them highlights their inadequacies. With Leicester it hurts too but it is less painful because a) they aren't local rivals b) there is not a recent long-standing history of them beating them season after season c) they have not been striving for over a decade to break the stranglehold d) it may not be permanent. With Spurs the opposite is true, and so it really hurts, especially for the London teams.

Us being good means they are missing out on CL, it means they have to adapt to a situation where we compete with them and come out on top and after so long being above us, seeing us as a little club in comparison that is extremely painful. It's fucking brilliant.

As much as I despise them and don't wont it to happen,i would still p*ss myself if West ham also gate crashed the CL party at the expense of Man u or the Goons...
I apologise whole heartedly to SouthStand Billy for the above remark

Man U
Have tried to get Kane for 3 successive windows, no doubt this coming one too, FAILED. They tried to get McDermott, FAILED. Tried to get Poch, FAILED. Tried to get Lloris, FAILED. They want to be us, they play boring turgid football, we don't. We have a young proud, passionate manger, they don't. They have an academy in tatters, we don't.
Chelsea
Have tried to get Rose, FAILED. They tried to get Dembele, FAILED. They want to be us. Never has it been so important for them to play youth from their academy, all they have ever craved is "star signings", having seen these "star signings" not give a shit and seen us sing "one of our own" to our boys, they have looked at us with envy. Now all you hear from them is "we should be playing our academy players". They think that by winning the Youth FA Cup means that their academy products are better, we care about the players development first before a poxy youth cup. If we played Kane, Onomah, Winks, Bentaleb, Ali, Carroll, Mason in our U21's we'd smash every fucking team in the U21's league & no doubt pick up a youth cup too. It's all gone a bit quite on their stadium plans ain't it, thought they were going to be playing at Wembley ahead of us, best get permission to build your stadium first I suppose, not to mention buy the last pieces of land required to build it.
Woolwich
Hahahahaha - I can't be bothered to write about them, they are so boring, same issues, same problems, same....bored. Their fans want Kane!!! never envied a player of theirs in my lifetime. (If we finish 2nd this season we would have finished higher in the League than they have for 11yrs).

Pull up the drawbridge and fart in their general direction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom