Best moment from a game you've been to

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was an amazing night, I was in a Southampton pub, we were at Uni at the time and unfortunately I lived with 3 Gooner fans and they arranged for laods of Gooner mates they knew to come down and watch it all together.
So there werre about 25 gooners plus me and a Man U fan watching this game and, well, you know what happened.

The worst part of this was I gave massive shit to one of them in particular all night and felt so smug when they lost. I didnt let up, we went on to a club that night, the goons just trying to down their sorrows.
Then the Goon that I was giving the most shit to started to buy champagne for everyone, I thought "what the fuck, are you seriously buying Champagne for LOSING in the Champions League final you fucking loser"
Anyway, he handed me a glass and said, my mum died last night, this is for her.

I never felt like such a cunt in all my life and at the same time felt so sorry for a mate.

This is a bit of an obscure one, but it's mine so STFU....

I think I was about 12 at the time when my dad took me to my first Spurs game, we were sitting in Paxton, it was against Derby and the final score was 2-1. I remember that Jose Dominguez made his debut and he played pretty well (was probably the first and last game he did). I started singing "Ole ole ole ole, Jose.... Jose" which was then followed by more of the Paxton and I think even some of the Park lane joined in. To me it felt like the whole of WHL was singing it.

I know it must of made my old man proud, as he got me to sing it again back in Valentino's after the game and the whole front bar joined in.

Good day.

Klinsmann winner at Anfield in '95 FA Cup QF. Was only 15 at the time and was my first proper away game. Remember staying behind after the game and singing my heart out for at least 20 mins with all the other Spurs. Didn't matter that we were singing to an empty stadium.

Shame about the SF that year though!

Close second was Ginola at Oakwell,also in the cup. I was in the front row, about where Daveeed started his run from when he scored that magical, Villa-esque solo goal. Rest of the game was shite, and had a long drive home, but it was all worth it for having seen that goal live

Without a shadow of a doubt, Danny Rose. My first ever NLD... up in the Park Lane.. buzzing just from the fact I was actually there... oh dear god it was orgasmic when that ball went in.

close 2nd is the 2008 Eastern Conference Final between Columbus Crew & Chicago Fire when Chad Marshall for the Crew put us 2-1 up and on our way to MLS Cup where we would win it. The atmosphere in the Nordecke (our supporters section) was electric.. people standing everywhere.. not so much any aisle ways as just a mass of people in a corner that went completely apeshit when that goal was scored.

Back
Top Bottom