Best moment from a game you've been to

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is your best memory of a game you've been at?

I reckon for me it would be from the game where we beat Chelsea 2 - 1 at the lane a few years back, when Robbie Keane dumped Boalahrouz on his arse right in front of where I was sitting. Didn't get my voice back for about a week after that game.

It's tough to pick just one moment, THAT Danny Rose goal was just pure magic! The expolsion of noise when the ball hit the net was incredible.

I was at the 4-4 draw at that shit tip stadium in Finsbury Park and I was right next to the Ar*enal fans. A scum fan I know from work was right on the other side of the barrier, he spotted me and was giving me a load of stick when they were 4-2 up, however, I kept my head up and stuck about till the death. When we equalised I looked over to give him some stick back...I saw him putting on his coat and storm out, typical Ar*senal fan. (and yeah, he was wearing a red tracksuit, red shoes and a red hat)

Obviously Lennon's goal in the 2-1 win over Chelsea and Danny's goal against the scum are going to be quite popular here.

I'm gonna put forward when Pav scored his last minute goal against Liverpool to win 2-1 a couple of years ago. We were bottom of the league and had been absolutely battered by them pretty much all game. Carragher scored his 3rd spurs goal and then in the last minute, Pav knocked in the winner. The Lane went absolutely mental!

YidoBuckler said:
Obviously Lennon's goal in the 2-1 win over Chelsea and Danny's goal against the scum are going to be quite popular here.

I'm gonna put forward when Pav scored his last minute goal against Liverpool to win 2-1 a couple of years ago. We were bottom of the league and had been absolutely battered by them pretty much all game. Carragher scored his 3rd spurs goal and then in the last minute, Pav knocked in the winner. The Lane went absolutely mental!

Haha yeah, the lad behind me jumped on the chair and snapped it in half in celebration. It was mayhem!

I remember that game. My dad took his new girlfriends son (who was a gooner and 10 years old) to try and educate him. Was the most ungrateful kid i have ever met. On the way home, he phoned his mum and said it was 'ok' and wouldn't do it again! I had the ultimate look of disgust on my face! :parker:

FOUND THEM! :pav:

That Danny Rose Goal!!! I swear The park lane moved 2foot that night.
Also loved the Martin Jols blue and white army chant during the Sevilla game a few years ago! Went on for a good 20 minutes!

Mine will all be fairly recent.

Pavs goal against Inter
Bale completing his hat-trick against Inter
Rose goal against the scum
Pav winner against Liverpool
Kaboul winner against the scum

Too many to mention, Here's a few

Sheringham up at Anfield in the FA Cup 1995 Q/F (went to Cream that night and got mangled)
Edman at Anfield in 2005 (how did that not win goal of the season?)
Crouch at the San Siro

Has to be 91, the opening 10 minutes of the semi-final at Wembley. Was absolutely the most unexpected, incredible opening to a game...considering nobody gave us a chance of even dreaming about beating them. Can close my eyes and I can still see Gazza's free-kick fly in.

The 5-1 from recent years was also pretty special, especially the rendition of 'We're going to Wembley'. Remember looking across at the remaining Goons and that just looked on in bewilderment.

I was at University during the immense year of 5-1 arse. 4-4 Chelsea. 4-4 Villa. Still loved everymin in the local scream bar though. Still jealous of my sister and dad to witness those epics. Doesn't say much to our defence and Robinson back then though.

Lennon's winner against Chelsea
His goal, the 4th, in the 5-1 (that was the point we KNEW we were through to the final and even we couldn't balls up a 4-0 lead) - lost 30 seconds of my life after that.
The entire '08 League Cup Final
Allan Nielsen in '99 (was bang level with his "stooping" header)
vdV 1st goal v Inter (the pass from Modric was worth the win on it's own)

Oh, and on a losing but doing it the right way kind of note, 2nd half v Seville in 2007. Can't imagine any other ground making that noise with a team effectively 4 down in the 2nd half.

Smolik said:
What is your best memory of a game you've been at?

I reckon for me it would be from the game where we beat Chelsea 2 - 1 at the lane a few years back, when Robbie Keane dumped Boalahrouz on his arse right in front of where I was sitting. Didn't get my voice back for about a week after that game.

You must have been close to me because that was my view too!

Woodgates winner in the carling cup final.
Danny rose against le arse.
Paul Stalteri's goal against spammers to what we all thought would send them down.
Kaboul last season against the scum. I just remember all the yids walking towards finsbury park signing "North london is ours" incredible moment!

Difficult question.

Games I have actually been to...

Keane v Chelsea becuase the stadium was rocking and as the ball was falling out the sky my mate shouted if we score in the next 5 mins i'm buying drinks all night in the pub. BOOM off the back of Carvallho and Keane curled it in the far corner, we had a superb view and of course went mental and got Davro'd in the pub afterwards.
Bale's performance v Inter at home was just a glorious glorous night but the bit where he just knocked it round Lucio was amazing, he destroyed them that night.
the 5-1 Carling Cup game - just had a good feeling something big was going to happen that night.

There are so many, thats why I love us, I think in 10 years I have seen 1 boring game, thats not bad.

Another one for me (although this wasn't Tottenham and I obviously wasn't there) was the 2006 Champion's League Final. The landlord in my local at the time was a big scum fan, when I walked in the pub that night he'd but a mannequin on the bar in a full Ars**al kit with a scarf and everything and the pub was full of Gooner cunts. I was in there with a couple of my mates who were both West Ham fans and we pretty much decided to take the piss all night. When Belletti's goal went in I just remember running across the pub going fucking mental and dropping to my knees in front of the screen, honestly thought I'd get the shit kicked out of me on the way home, but I didn't so it was a happy ending!

Back
Top Bottom