Best formation and tactics to beat Liverpool...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s gonna be freaking hot in Madrid today.

It will surely affect Liverpool’s game plan and their high octane pressing style.

This will suit us more than Liverpool. I will say we have the advantage now going into the game! COYS!

It’s gonna be freaking hot in Madrid today.

It will surely affect Liverpool’s game plan and their high octane pressing style.

This will suit us more than Liverpool. I will say we have the advantage now going into the game! COYS!

They don't play that high octane press that much these days. More control, more possession

An illustration how we can break Liverpool pressing:

Eg., Everton vs Spurs. We played 4-2-3-1 which shifted to a 4-4-2 diamond when attacking. In this game, Winks and Sissoko combined effectively tgr to score our second goal.

1) Image below shows Everton pressing high up the pitch.

whznys.jpg

Winks passes the ball into the path of Sissoko who makes the run into the empty spaces in front of him.

2) Sissoko plays a 1-2 with Dele, effective cutting through Everton midfield who are mostly still covering back lost ground.

2ljmgyc.jpg

3) Sissoko then threads a through ball to Son who manages to shoot on target, GK saving it and then Dele taps in the rebound.

8x51j9.jpg

Winks + Sissoko partnership will be crucial in the UCL final assuming Wink is fit to play.

Let’s hope we will see plenty of goals like above today!

The effect of the oppressive heat was that neither team could employ the hard-running tactics that we've become accustomed to. Liverpool's players covered 105.1km in total, which was a huge decline from the 112.1km in the semi-final second leg against Barcelona. Tottenham similarly were down at 103.4km, compared with 114.9km away at Ajax.

There are youtube videos for us and liverpool made by Uefa titled "goals to get to the final" or similar, I don't exactly remember the title now. But we had zero penalty goals while they had several in that gols video. I remember that. It was fucking scary. We better watch out.

- found it

Nightmare come true in the first minute. Scousers xould proudly add another penalty kick goal to their CL goal highlight. What a disgrace. What has this game come down to. Purposely hitting defenders arm in the box? Disgusting

Back
Top Bottom