Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally really like him on the left side, more so than Rose.

There's nothing spectacular about his game but he was a lot more stable. I know he hasn't played well this season but I thought he did really well last season.

Would like to see him reclaim the left back starting position.

When Danny is having a good game, he can be one of the brightest players on the pitch so I believe that is why some people favor him so much more than Davies. It may not be as exciting but your description of him being "stable" is really accurate.

He isn't a high-risk/high-reward type of player, and I always feel more secure with him on the pitch.

When Danny is having a good game, he can be one of the brightest players on the pitch so I believe that is why some people favor him so much more than Davies. It may not be as exciting but your description of him being "stable" is really accurate.

He isn't a high-risk/high-reward type of player, and I always feel more secure with him on the pitch.

Agreed.

There are days when Danny’s the champion of the world but there are also days when he’s a liability.

I like my back 4 to be dependable more than anything. And it’s not like Davies is shite going forward.

The back 4 that played yesterday is the best and most balanced one we have. Aurier, Rose and Sanchez have their qualities but they are all a bit daft, you never quite know what they are going to do. It's not a coincidence that kept our first clean sheet for a long time with Trippier, Davies, Toby and Jan starting.

He lacks Danny's attacking flair that he has when he is on song. But no one can deny that Ben is a strong defender. Let him focus on defending and we will get the best out of him.

Everyone heroes last night but nice little cameo by him. Played an important part in the final goal with a strong challenge. Another player who can do the job starting or can come of the bench to help.

Is a favourite of mine so might just be getting carried away!! :)

Back
Top Bottom