Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm Welsh so I'm obviously biased, but what second choice left back would put in a performance like that, obviously all the lads were good but he was brilliant today, if he plays with more Aggression he will turn into a hell of a player.
Obviously Danny would always be my first choice, but Davies has come on so much since his run in the team, it's no coincincde we are on a record unbeaten run!
He could easily get in any other starting 11 team in the PL so I pray and hope he buys into the project at spurs and stays as a squad player!

Obviously Danny would always be my first choice, but Davies has come on so much since his run in the team, it's no coincincde we are on a record unbeaten run!
He could easily get in any other starting 11 team in the PL so I pray and hope he buys into the project at spurs and stays as a squad player!
He will 100% we need him, signed a new contract, he's loving it here trust me

I thought he gave the ball away a lot yesterday, maybe his pass was a split second too late.
Just an observation I'm not a Davies hater.
The scum clearly identified him as a weakness and had oxlade-chamberlain press him aggressively throughout - however I thought he dealt with it superbly and played himself into the game and really exploited them in an attacking sense but also was solid defensively. Trippier was much more slack in my view.

Thought he did well yesterday. I still am eagerly anticipating the rrturn of Danny but more because he is amongst the best fullbacks in the world no slight on Davies who is a very good backup.

One thing which Davies needs to sort out is his crossing. It seems like 9 out of 10 of his crosses get deflected, needs to get those in clean. Also start looking for pullbacks when available which Rose does to devastating effect.

One thing I've always appreciated about Davies is that he'll go into a tackle at 110% no matter who it's against.

Ox has been the scum's most dangerous player since switching to 3 at the back and Davies own his side of the pitch. Great job deputizing

Yes, I know this is a Son clip but watch this and don't follow the ball (Son). Look out for Davies! He is now beginning to influence games like Rose. Up to the point Rose got injured he had started to come off the touchline and take up almost a central position either with or without the ball, Davies is now doing this! It's done 4 or 5 times per game but causes all kinds of problems (Watch Juve, both their FB's do this playing as a number 10 especially Alves). The key function of course remains the same stay wide stretch the oppo and to be available as a passing option throughout all thirds of the pitch. Rose is still a level above him and has more power and athleticism but Davies has held his own (impressed that his Liverpool performance didn't hold him back).

Exceptional again
4665.jpg

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup!

Aside from your Avatar... I think Davies has been (along with Trippier & Son) one of the most underrated players of the season... filling in (like Trippier had to) when our First choice full-backs were both injured was no mean feat... especially when you consider how Poch utilises the Full-Backs as Wing-Backs... they are integral to our formation, our attacking philosophy, and ultimately, our success...
The fact that both not only filled in, but played well enough for us almost not to notice the dfference, speaks volumes for both.
And whilst I still expect Davies to be 2nd choice LB next season... I'm starting to think that with Trippier's added crossing ability, Walker's departure (if it happens) may not hit us as hard as we first feared earlier in the season!

Very happy for Davies' goal yesterday and his season overall. He must feel like a vital part of the squad and knows that if he gets extended time on the bench the next chances will come.

Fantastic back up for Rose.

Back
Top Bottom