Beavertown

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I wasn't sure where to post this. There didn't seem to be an obvious thread for our in house brewery (I know they're not just in house, and are quite big, before you say anything), or for the Proud Lilywhites, other than some ranty thing from about 5 years ago that I want no part of, so I started this one as there's bound to be stuff that they do that's of interest to Spurs fans, such as this:

What a load of jump on the band waggon commercial bollox.
Normally with companies changing social media logos to incorporate the rainbow flag I kinda agree (although it doesn't bother me, I just think they're cashing in), but I like that Beavertown have specifically chosen to do something with our LGBT+ supporters group. It's a nice touch.

The Beer ain't all that either. For my,more traditional taste buds anyway.
Fair enough mate. I've loved their beers for years, but then their style of beer is my drink of choice anyway. It's beer inspired by the craft movement that has been excellent in the US for decades, which I find much more interesting, and find to be of a much higher quality than the "real ale" that's more traditionally been peddled in the UK.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good cask beer, but too many breweries think it's ok to put out any old shite in a cask and badge it "real ale" (seems that's all that they need to do in order to sell their beer, unfortunately), and too many pubs don't have a clue and have no standards when it comes to how they run their cellar and how the serve their beer. It put me right off, which is a shame.

I totally get that that's not everyone's opinion, and that a lot will see this thing as poncy and they don't give a fuck. That's totally cool, we all like different things.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good cask beer, but too many breweries think it's ok to put out any old shite in a cask and badge it "real ale" (seems that's all that they need to do in order to sell their beer, unfortunately), and too many pubs don't have a clue and have no standards when it comes to how they run their cellar and how the serve their beer. It put me right off, which is a shame.

I totally get that that's not everyone's opinion, and that a lot will see this thing as poncy and they don't give a fuck. That's totally cool, we all like different things.
I do think with the rise of craft beer etc, the older heads in the beer trade are upping their game, or at least making sure landlords know how to keep the beer they are selling.
And if you like the beer,that's all that matters.Its drinkable, don't get me wrong,but i was expecting the wow factor, and i personality didn't get that.
I prefer Redemption beers to be honest and was hoping the club could have done a deal with them
Oh well :)

I do think with the rise of craft beer etc, the older heads in the beer trade are upping their game, or at least making sure landlords know how to keep the beer they are selling.
And if you like the beer,that's all that matters.Its drinkable, don't get me wrong,but i was expecting the wow factor, and i personality didn't get that.
I prefer Redemption beers to be honest and was hoping the club could have done a deal with them
Oh well :)
Redemption aren't bad at all. Great customer service too. I ordered some beers from them for me and my old man to drink during the CL final. I only placed the order on the Thursday and was worried they wouldn't get them in time, so contacted them to check. They got them sent out within the hour to make sure I got them and they arrived next day, in plenty of time

Normally with companies changing social media logos to incorporate the rainbow flag I kinda agree (although it doesn't bother me, I just think they're cashing in), but I like that Beavertown have specifically chosen to do something with our LGBT+ supporters group. It's a nice touch.

Fair enough mate. I've loved their beers for years, but then their style of beer is my drink of choice anyway. It's beer inspired by the craft movement that has been excellent in the US for decades, which I find much more interesting, and find to be of a much higher quality than the "real ale" that's more traditionally been peddled in the UK.

I think there is an element of mixed feelings with the company endorsement of things pride based. You now see a lot of companies displaying rainbow banners and I suppose that's good but it is also a bit corporate. If a company is diverse and tolerant, should they need to rainbow up because they are diverse and tolerant all year round, rather than just for pride month? I mean they would already be identified for this and therefore would not need to advertise the fact.

I am not sure myself, on one level it's a company trying to show they're trying to play a part in something good, on another you wonder if it's tokenism.

That said I am not going to criticise Beavertown for trying to do something good though and you have to take these things at face value.

As a rule, I don't drink, but I do love to watch other people getting theirs filled up from the bottom on a Saturday lunchtime.

Back
Top Bottom