Banners at WHL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Designed this. Can we get it made?
1882flagcopy.jpg

Think you should remove the internet adress as the club might look upon it as commercial and are not likely to take kindly to that... :avbcringe:

Designed this. Can we get it made?
1882flagcopy.jpg

That would cost quite a bit, if there was a lot of interest and the club are okay with it you could start a fund for it.

EDIT: also that logo in the middle belongs to 'The Spur' fanzine doesn't it?

Make it and tell the club to
Qxds9.gif

(I don't actually agree with what I posted above, I think it's not much use doing it without the clubs permission, but I'd seen that gif and really wanted to use it)

Take off The Fighting Cock. 1882 and Tottenham is what's important. Plus will save you about £800 in lettering.

And I'd remove the 1882 logo and put a cockerel there.

Club will be fine with it as log as you have a safety certificate which Barmy Flags will provide if you go through them

Take off The Fighting Cock. 1882 and Tottenham is what's important. Plus will save you about £800 in lettering.

And I'd remove the 1882 logo and put a cockerel there.

Club will be fine with it as log as you have a safety certificate which Barmy Flags will provide if you go through them

Agree 100%.

What is the aim of the 1882 movement? Is it to be an exclusive group for a group of people from a website, or is the objective to create more atmosphere at The Lane?

If it is the latter, I think it's extremely important that there is not too much focus on the name of the group. My experience with english fan culture is that it unfortunately will only create an "us versus them" mentality and that is not what we need at WHL.

We need people who can get the rest of the crowd going. This is possible because we have a lot of potential within our fanbase and it is vital to get their backing. Both to attract more people to the movement, but also to work together with other parts of the ground to create a good atmosphere. If this turns into an exclusive group of people who makes their own banners and sing their own songs, it will never be succeed in creating a proper good atmosphere inside the ground.

Agree. Leave 1882 on there, but remove the actual logo.

Lol poor bloke does a nice thing designing a banner and every tells him to change everything.

tbf if we wanted to get some sort of banner sorted out for 1882 games then I'd be more than welcome to either chip in or sort the flag out myself.

I'll only charge 20% commission as well :levystare:

Perhaps the Tottenham Hotspur is overkill. Again save a bit of dough and have 1882 at the top?

It's up to you though mate!

Back
Top Bottom