Bale versus gazza

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always thought gazza was the best player I seen at the lane but now I have to seriously reconsider if bale has taken that crown

I actually think bale has

Discus

I was at millwall away when gazza destroyed them but bale destroys inter twice

I saw gazza at wembley beat the arse but bale has to be edging it gazza best goal tally for us was 12 bale well past that now

I love gazza always have but bale is the better player

c56095784be39eae9c929e006d7b4075.jpg

For me there's little doubt Gareth will have a better career than Paul, because he seems a lot more sensible, not difficult I know, :)
I think Bale is better than Gazza too, however it's strange I've got Gazza in my all-time Spurs XI, but I don't know where I can play Bale, because I AM NOT dropping Cliff Jones, no way, never :)

I might have to rejig my formation and drop Gazza for Bale, but I can't do that just yet, I think we need to win something or get CL again before I do that.

Bale doesn't have Gazza's self-destructive streak, so for that reason alone, I think he'll surpass his OVERALL career achievements.
Right now, they're about level! 'ish!

saw gazza at his best & although he was a wonderful player he only ever really took one game by the scruff
of the neck & changed it & that was pompey away in the f.a cup

bales already put his stamp on my memory in many games imho is already the more complete player although is nowhere near his peak yet.. the main difference between the 2 is bales ability to play in a number of positions where as paul was always central attacking mid.

long way to go to reach hoddles pinnacle yet!

Gazza for me too. Bale has exceptional ability but Gazza has produced moments of sheer genius.

I look at it as, if Bale got past me, I'd never catch him. If Gazza got past me, I'd catch him but only for him to go turn me inside out and go past me again.

For me there's little doubt Gareth will have a better career than Paul, because he seems a lot more sensible, not difficult I know, :)
I think Bale is better than Gazza too, however it's strange I've got Gazza in my all-time Spurs XI, but I don't know where I can play Bale, because I AM NOT dropping Cliff Jones, no way, never :)

I might have to rejig my formation and drop Gazza for Bale, but I can't do that just yet, I think we need to win something or get CL again before I do that.

No problem, just deploy an 18-man SQUAD, and bring him on after an hour!
SIMPLE! (...and I steadfastly refuse to add an 's' to the word Simple, just out of principle... PRINCIPLES!)

Back
Top Bottom