Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GB is a bit of cunt, mind you

He loves football, puts a lot of work into grassroots too.

Sorted out a day at the club for the coaches when he was writing his book. Poch and the staff even came and said hello and had a chat with them too.

Ex Valencia manager / Liverpool coach came down and took a session as well which he organised.

I think he's a genuine journalist in an industry which has some dickheads ---
cough *John Cross* cough.

Glad we won yesterday, or else these mid-season revelations would have been jumped upon - regardless of whether they have had any effect on the squad or not.
They'll bring it up when it suits them. I listened to the Sunday Supplement (pod) today, fucking hell, the tone in their voices, they seem to think it's a big vanity project. They also think Poch shouldn't do it because "what's he won". I loath those cunts, convinced the attitude exists because they perhaps don't like the author and they know they would never be given the opportunity to either. I mean it was Custis that was banging on about "what's he won", the man has ghost written Sam Allardyce's book, twat.

They'll bring it up when it suits them. I listened to the Sunday Supplement (pod) today, fucking hell, the tone in their voices, they seem to think it's a big vanity project. They also think Poch shouldn't do it because "what's he won". I loath those cunts, convinced the attitude exists because they perhaps don't like the author and they know they would never be given the opportunity to either. I mean it was Custis that was banging on about "what's he won", the man has ghost written Sam Allardyce's book, twat.

This week they got three new guests in to discuss "old white men running the racist FA". Call me cynical but the coincidence of them ditching their usual panel of old white men for three debutants all of ethnic origin didn't seem hypocritical at all...

I wouldnt listen to anything those mupperts say. They think cos they write newspaper articles they know what they're talking about.

Ballbag at east has a uefa b licence so is a qualified coach to a fairly high level.

I wouldnt listen to anything those mupperts say. They think cos they write newspaper articles they know what they're talking about.

Ballbag at east has a uefa b licence so is a qualified coach to a fairly high level.
I always stay abreast of the shit stuff they spew just to know, if that makes sense.

It's taken me more than two years to hone in on the commentaries in football that I get value out of. I like to be educated in football, just as much as I like to reflect on it's history, also nothing wrong in making it fun too. There are many writers out their that I don't agree with but I really enjoy reading them e.g. Barny Roney. Basically I've got time for people that enjoy football, rather than those that only accentuate the negative of it. I get the rationale behind it, it's where the clicks are, but fuck that, i love the game. That's not the narrative that is followed by those pricks.

Most of the stuff on this list I had read somewhere else, but there was this anecdote about Ade:

"8) He has a great Adebayor anecdote to add the collection…

Like most of the coaches Adebayor has worked under, Pochettino found the Togolese both frustrating and charming – “Ade’s eccentricities gave us plenty of laughs” – and shares his favourite anecdote with Balague in the book.

Adebayor angrily storms into a meeting Pochettino is having with director Franco Baldini and chairman Daniel Levy (which naturally leaves both “stony-faced”) demanding to know why he has been left out of the squad. He wasn’t cross not to be playing, but because he had already sent his chauffer home and so would now have to book a minicab!

“Priceless!” in the words of Pochettino."
The 10 best revelations from new book on Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs - Planet Football

Back
Top Bottom