Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you mind explaining how?

Pochettino relates that it happened the next day, presumably in training. Says nothing that it happened in full sight of Pochettino. It's perfectly possible that Adebayor had been frozen out already and Jersus Perez was overseeing the academy players training.

It took us a long damned time to cut him loose, after all.
He wasn’t training with the first team. The academy dressing room are in an entirely different part of the building. Only the first team players are allowed in their own wing. He might as well have been in Africa, probably was.

He wasn’t training with the first team. The academy dressing room are in an entirely different part of the building. Only the first team players are allowed in their own wing. He might as well have been in Africa, probably was.
Yinzer's proof is far more convincing. It would never surprise me to learn that Poch asks his assistants to occasionally oversee academy training sessions. But subbing on two weeks later against United. It's not Adebayor. Mystery continues...

Yinzer's proof is far more convincing. It would never surprise me to learn that Poch asks his assistants to occasionally oversee academy training sessions. But subbing on two weeks later against United. It's not Adebayor. Mystery continues...
Academy are invited to train with first team not the other way around. If you are not invited you’re not seen. Doubt Jesus or any of first team will take academy sessions, we employ coaches to do that. They will no doubt watch a session. But can’t emphasise enough, being cut out of the first team means you empty your locker, you are history, you can’t access the wing of the building, he would also had to park his car in a different car park.

Besides, I believe he left full of praise and respect for Poch. Respecting how he was told and dealt with, there was no I’ll feeling.

The Dier story, imo, seems to not be a story of "spilling the guts", but rather a story of tapping up, of going through a bad spell, of player and manager having a good talk and of player finding back to his best self.

There have been strong rumours linking Dier to Utd. Now they've been explained and sorted in a way that makes both Dier and Poch look good.

The Dier story, imo, seems to not be a story of "spilling the guts", but rather a story of tapping up, of going through a bad spell, of player and manager having a good talk and of player finding back to his best self.

There have been strong rumours linking Dier to Utd. Now they've been explained and sorted in a way that makes both Dier and Poch look good.

And Mourinho like the dick we all know he is.

Glad we won yesterday, or else these mid-season revelations would have been jumped upon - regardless of whether they have had any effect on the squad or not.
Bearing in mind this all happened last season - not sure how it could have been used against us?

If anything - the timing is pretty good prior to facing Mourinho with a point to prove

I think that Balague guy is a twat and wouldn't read anything he produced unless it was a cheque he was paying me for having to endure his endless stream of pish.

It always feels uncomfortable exposing the inner workings but on this occasion, its a case of having a clear out-get rid of all the nonsense past and draw a line, fresh for the future.
The comments/stories from the book will reinforce the group. It will create the, us v everyone else mentallity, because regardless of the detail, players are still here, playing very well and clearly demonstrating - 'we are Tottenham' come and have a go if you think your good enough. The confidence the players are expressing is not what we are used too with Tottenham. They really do believe and thats all down to Poch.

None of them write the things , apparently they get ghosts to do it for them . Which as always puzzled me as how can a ghost hold a quill ?
I thought the ghost writer had a corporeal secretary that then transcribed for them. Is that not what the "co" in co.uk stands for?

Back
Top Bottom