Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps over reacting, but this makes me very very uncomfortable. This is far too close to home, spilling on current players & recent transfers cannot be good

Obligatory “Sorry for the Heil links”. Excerpts from Guillaume Balagué‘s book

Guillem Balagué was granted unprecedented access to Pochettino and his backroom staff for the duration of the 2016-17 season, and he has therefore been able to draw on extensive interview material with Pochettino, his family, his closest assistants, players such as Dele Alli and Harry Kane, and even a very rare conversation with Daniel Levy to tell the manager's story in his own words.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino on Kyle Walker row | Daily Mail Online

Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino on Eric Dier disagreement | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I think it's crazy to think Poch would say anything to harm the team spirit or players would be unaware of what was going to be released. So far nothing written about current players is even that bad tbh.
Wouldn't be out of place at a press conference for a manager so say which position he prefers his player.

I think this book shouldnt have e been written until after his career or at least after he left the club . Yes it’ll be fascinating but it’s not like he needs the publicity or cash

I think this book shouldnt have e been written until after his career or at least after he left the club . Yes it’ll be fascinating but it’s not like he needs the publicity or cash
Good motivation for the players though. Act like a twat and Poch will cunt you off in a best seller.

Is any of that anything we didn't already know?
"In our first season in charge, we took the step not to have the team spend the night at a hotel all together before the League Cup final against Jose Mourinho's Chelsea because we felt doing so wouldn't help them. It was best that people just came to play the game. The day after we lost that match, one of our own players sang the Jose Mourinho chant to Jesus's face. That is what we had to contend with."

I suppose we didn't know that anecdote, although we may have suspected the some professional footballers are utter fucking cunts.

I reckon Adebayor in this case. The story has "Arsen*l Man" written all over it in huge letters

I kind of agree but I was also wondering if he purposefully timed these releases to put the pressure on him and therefore off the players during our hardest period of the season.

I think it's great to have a book on our man. This is what having a World Class manager is all about.

As for the comments on players, it's perfect. Walkers gone, so fuck him, fuck him in the arse, show him for what he is, a player that didn't have the fight, a player that was dropped because he didn't have the fight. This alone shows to the other players that we don't want this attitude at our club, you are either on board or you are gone, and once you are gone we can shame you if we want, do not fuck with us.

The Dier stuff is just as perfect because they have worked, his performances have picked up. Have you noticed he really does any interviews now, social media output is almost zero, bromance with Dele no longer flirted about. At the same time a very subtle light has now been shone of the skullduggery of other clubs, my guess the reason why we didn't report Citeh and Utd for tapping up is because we do it as well. That said, if the press want to do it, seeds have been sown and fingers pointed at both clubs for illegally tapping up our players. The press will be spineless if they don't question Mourinho on why he waited in the tunnel to speak to Dier and what was he talking to a Tottenham player about.

In my eyes the read is fascinating and an exciting insight into not just Poch but our Club to and what and how we are dealing with when the sharks circle. There is a reason why only one player has left Spurs from this squad and not the entire team as have been reported. That alone is proof we know what we are doing.

Will we lose another big player, yes of corse we will. But I sleep easy that we will get a world record fee, they will be only one player to leave, he will be replaced with two players both adding more quality and depth to the squad within two years of their arrival, we will not lose our level because of it and the player that left would be one that "wasn't up to it".

None of them write the things , apparently they get ghosts to do it for them . Which as always puzzled me as how can a ghost hold a quill ?
I know that (I ghost wrote for some politician when I was in uni). It was a joke on him being really thick

Though Tim might be somewhat illiterate, he once said he doesn’t read the guardian because it has “too many words”

I get the feeling there's nothing in the book that Poch wouldn't have already said directly to the people involved. He doesn't seem like he would bottle things up to put in a book behind your back.

Back
Top Bottom