Balaguè's book - Brave New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seen this?

Some interesting background, I like his authentic Spanish "Maurithio" pronunciation. Also it comes out that Balagué is an Espanyol fan.

Last edited:
Thank you for this mate. Was going to wait til Xmas but have just ordered the book. £15 is a bargain.
:adethumbup:
Just finished it.
Daniel Levy’s bit at the end says it all for me. This is so very important.
Anyone who ever cries for marquee signings now knows why it doesn’t happen.
Besides a lot of people on here knowing exactly why Pochettino was brought here and saying it each summer.
It also lays to rest the bollocks that he flogs them to death every day in training.

Good read.
Don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Yet one player in particular, if fit from injury, I think may be making an entrance soon depending on another already here I think.

Seen this?

Some interesting background, I like his authentic Spanish "Maurithio" pronunciation. Also it comes out that Balagué is an Espanyol fan.

What do you see in the cover?

“A watch, crowd....”
Ffs mate

I would have asked if the use of Brave New World as the title was becuase Brave is a Pochettino frequently used word

Lasagna can’t have been Chadli because he had gone. I reckon that and Millwall are Son. Although the lasgna could’ve been Sissoko

Jose fan - Kaboul. Poch seems to like Ade, doubt he would if that was him singing about Mourinho
Lasagne, come one people, it’s got to be Wimmer.

When I visited the training ground about 6 weeks ago I was chatting to some guys and they said that a fair few of the 1st team are learning Spanish (Davies and Winks to name a couple) so not sure that anyone can look at Dele in isolation and say he's preparing for a move or that he's definitely going to move
Tbf Winksy grandparents being Spanish, may have something to do with it.

I really enjoyed it, it gave me a real insight into Poch's mind. I think he is a genuine, decent, honest human being and I want him to stay with us for a long time, now even more so. I just hope he doesn't have his head turned by so-called bigger clubs, he is the perfect fit for our club, as far as I am concerned. The respect he seems to have from most of the players that he has coached is pretty impressive - we will be able to sign bright, young things on his reputation alone.

Last edited:
He's getting a battering for this tweet

Personally do think it's poor and insincere, inappropriate for him to announce before any club announcement.

Just started on this. Now, I know it’s authored by someone who’s first language isn’t English, but I’m finding it to be very badly written. It’s like he’s recorded Poch and typed exactly what he’s said, without correcting the flow of the sentences.

Not sure I can read much further.

Just started on this. Now, I know it’s authored by someone who’s first language isn’t English, but I’m finding it to be very badly written. It’s like he’s recorded Poch and typed exactly what he’s said, without correcting the flow of the sentences.

Not sure I can read much further.

Glad I'm not the only one. I think the problem is that Ballague has written it in the first person and has fucked it up. He has Poch speaking a colloquial version of English using words like 'nap' and 'grub' like he's trying to imitate 'Arry. He shouldn't have bothered with the first person bollocks and just written it in Spanish as an extended piece of serious journalism then handed it over to a heavy duty team of Spanish/English translators and editors. Would have been a much better product.

Having said that the insights into the life of the club, Poch and everyone around him were good, just not delivered very well. Fair play to GB for having a go though, not an easy thing to pull off. I couldn't do it any fekkin language except maybe gibberish

For those of you blaming a book, LOL, can you explain to me
1. What parts have fucked us up?
2. What parts have inspired the team to top our CL group pumping BVB and Real Madrid along the way.

Await detailed replies to both. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
For those of you blaming a book, LOL, can you explain to me
1. What parts have fucked us up?
2. What parts have inspired the team top our CL group pumping BVB and Real Madrid along the way.

Await detailed replies to both. Thanks in advance.

The quicker people on here and Twitter realise football is total mayhem and doesnt make sense the better

Try telling city fans in 1999 in the third tier of English football they would be in 2017 one of the richest clubs in the world and have most expensive side ever assembled in England and be paying 120 million on full backs in one summer, they would laugh at you

Even closer to home, tell Everton fans 3 MONTHS AGO they would be 17th, Unsworth in charge and golden boy Gylfi would have done fuck all

Its chaos and we are lucky to be in a magnificent position, go and watch Brentford every week, then have a moan or go and support Madrid, THIS IS WHAT FOOTBALL IS

Back
Top Bottom