Bad luck, bad management or bad juju?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were good enough to take us to penalties. At that point it’s anyone’s game. Like I said, we had Kane and Alli at our disposal in last years semi, it still didn’t win us the game. Imaginary signings that we could have made last summer wouldn’t have somehow guaranteed a win last night.

Last night went to penalties.
We lost last years FA cup semi.
2 unknown player signings couldn’t possibly GUARANTEE that we would have won last night.

You’re disagreeing with facts SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs

:pocheyes:

In order:

1) Bad Luck
2) World Cup Fatigue
3) Lack of Signings
4) Training Methods
5) Rotation/Man Management/Substitutions

I think there is plenty of blame to go around - it's not just one thing. But I think Poch's training methods and man management are the lowest contributing causes.

What is your point? ...That we should have 3 LBs?

No , my point as I said in my first post on this thread, is that by the time the domestic semi finals and big knockout games in the CL come around our team always has big injury problems and fatigue problems.

We seem to operate with a core of about 15/16 players which always ends up taking it's toll.

No , my point as I said in my first post on this thread, is that by the time the domestic semi finals and big knockout games in the CL come around our team always has big injury problems and fatigue problems.

We seem to operate with a core of about 15/16 players which always ends up taking it's toll.

Yeh, but you framed your case with the LB role; a scenario not fit for your purpose.... You betrayed your own point.

Both LBs injured is bad luck, pure and simple...

In order:

1) Bad Luck
2) World Cup Fatigue
3) Lack of Signings
4) Training Methods
5) Rotation/Man Management/Substitutions

I think there is plenty of blame to go around - it's not just one thing. But I think Poch's training methods and man management are the lowest contributing causes.
Can we please not talk about bad luck and media bias constantly. This victim mentality is making us look like dippers

I think the touch line doctor has changed this season, is that the case?
If so he is the one to blame and get the other guy back.

This thread is bloody hilarious
Loads of people arguing black and blue over whose fertile imagination, wild arsed guesswork and made up facts are the most likely to be right.

Are there any other subjects that we collectively know fuck all about, that we can get into a heated discussion over?

Who did kill Marilyn, Jimmy Hoffa and Shergar?

Last edited:
Can we please not talk about bad luck and media bias constantly. This victim mentality is making us look like dippers
When did I bring up the media?

And if you don't think luck has anything to do with injuries and squad fitness, then I don't know what to tell you.

This thread is bloody hilarious
Loads of people arguing black and blue over whose fertile imagination, wild arsed guesswork and made up facts are the most likely to be right.

Are there any other subjects that we collectively know fuck all about, that we can get into a heated discussion over?

Who did kill Marilyn, Jimmy Hoffa and Red Rum?

Red rum was old and died. Not sure about Shergar though?!

I don't think the training methods are to blame, otherwise we would have the same number of injuries every year.

We have a full squad, but are hugely reliant on the same (attacking) players week in, week out.
If everyone is fit we know that it will be Dele, Ericksen, Kane and probably Son.

The question about the quality of depth is a different question, as has been said many times in the transfer thread, it's either;
Spend a shit load on one player.
Counter: Who is going to be better than the 4 mentioned above and therefore would be happy to sit on the bench unless they're being paid large wages and we have to shift players first.

Spend a shit load on 3 or 4 players.
Counter: As above

To answer the OP I think it is a combination of all 3.
Bad luck, especially getting so many injuries in the 1 position.

Bad management, not subbing key players early when a game is won, leading to the back up players not being match sharp.

Be interesting to see the split of how many of these injuries are due to impact and tumbles vs which were just players pulling up with a proverbial 'ping' (ergo more directly relatable to any conditioning/physio fail)...

A few "illnesses" in there too.

When did I bring up the media?

And if you don't think luck has anything to do with injuries and squad fitness, then I don't know what to tell you.
You didnt bring up the media. You brought up luck.

Others brought up media bias. Someone brought up we are alone and the whole world is against us. Others are saying we are hated because we dont spend much. Someone says its because levy is a jew..so antisemitism. This victim mentality is what we laugh at Dippers for.

Back
Top Bottom