away to WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the moment that made me jizz on saturday.

316686_10150414799583505_351687753504_8712055_828745286_n.jpg

He Fucking Loves It.

[/quote]

It's almost like I wasn't quoted up there agreeing with your basic point but noting that until yesterday it really hadn't worked.[/quote]

The problem is you thought it was a bad idea because it didn't work instantly but they needed to be given time to develop the system. Like I said anyone who watched Bale and thought he wouldn't be class cutting in on to that left foot is abit of a downie. FYI the match against WBA wasn't the first time it's worked either Harry has been working on that system for a while much to the despair of masses of idiots. You see Harry is actually trying to develop our players games, funny that a manager trying to develop players and doing a good job too. Young players need to be given time to develop different parts of their game so jumping on the mangers back or the players when they're trying to do that is idiotic yes without question. What's funny is you admit you like the concept but yet you didn't want Harry to work on developing it because it didn't work instantly.

Paydro said:
The problem is you thought it was a bad idea because it didn't work instantly but they needed to be given time to develop the system. Like I said anyone who watched Bale and thought he wouldn't be class cutting in on to that left foot is abit of a downie. FYI the match against WBA wasn't the first time it's worked either Harry has been working on that system for a while much to the despair of masses of idiots. You see Harry is actually trying to develop our players games, funny that a manager trying to develop players and doing a good job too. Young players need to be given time to develop different parts of their game so jumping on the mangers back or the players when they're trying to do that is idiotic yes without question. What's funny is you admit you like the concept but yet you didn't want Harry to work on developing it because it didn't work instantly.
Here are my quotes on this subject:

Even the dreaded Balennon switch actually worked.
---------------
I hate it. Historically Bale looks lost (edit: on the right side for Spurs -- I know he does well for Wales there), but today he did a good job cutting inside and making them track him.

Lennon has been dominating on either side. I hope he keeps this form.
----------
No disagreement on the strategy behind it. Historically, the switch has not been a good one for Bale's performance, yesterday was the first time I can remember it working. Seems fair to think it a bad idea if it hasn't worked. Now that I've seen it work, I'm less opposed to it. Funny how that works.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like it because it didn't work "instantly" -- I didn't like it because it didn't work. I never said I didn't "want Harry to work on developing it because it didn't work instantly". I'll stand by my quotes above. I hope it works in the future for all the reasons you've pointed out.

But while we're putting words in people's mouths:

Paydro said:
I am a wanker.

Back
Top Bottom