As an American can I truly be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It all depends. If you can correct the next paragraph then you pass the test .

“ Tottenham is a great road team and its latest shut out at Tranmere and 7 goals after 40’minutes at zero zero showed its strength in defence and offence. 14 shots on frame , with no PK’s from 12 and some great plays by Son including an excellent roller ball shot was soccer at its best with Coach Pochettino fully using his roster. “

...touchdown...

In my view, you can be a fan wherever you’re from, but a supporter is someone who genuinely supports the club by putting their money into tickets regularly, and cheering the team on, just my opinion.

But if you say ‘top of the D’ ‘head strike’ or ‘hustle’ then fuck off and follow someone else

In my view, you can be a fan wherever you’re from, but a supporter is someone who genuinely supports the club by putting their money into tickets regularly, and cheering the team on, just my opinion.

But if you say ‘top of the D’ ‘head strike’ or ‘hustle’ then fuck off and follow someone else

I have always said you can be a fan and live anywhere, but to be a supporter you need to attend some games.

I got to say I disagree with this view.
Take me, for example, I used to go to every home game back in the early '80s, probably every home game between 1980 up to 1998.
Due to me moving to Ireland, along with other things, I haven't been able to attend any games. The last game I attended was Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in 2011 ?.
Does this mean that I am now only a fan and not a supporter ?
Also if a person live 4/8/12 thousand miles away they are not going to be able to attend games, unless it's a friendly in their home country. Does this make them "less" a supporter than anyone else ?
IMHO No it doesn't.

I got to say I disagree with this view.
Take me, for example, I used to go to every home game back in the early '80s, probably every home game between 1980 up to 1998.
Due to me moving to Ireland, along with other things, I haven't been able to attend any games. The last game I attended was Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in 2011 ?.
Does this mean that I am now only a fan and not a supporter ?
Also if a person live 4/8/12 thousand miles away they are not going to be able to attend games, unless it's a friendly in their home country. Does this make them "less" a supporter than anyone else ?
IMHO No it doesn't.

I’ve been to The Lane quite a few times (not so easy living in Bristol), but not since the AVB era.

I think you could argue that even watching Spurs games on TV constitutes being a supporter. The club will get most of its cash through TV revenue, and the more viewers a team gets, the more that team gets paid. I’d imagine it works out similarly across the world as far as Prem teams are concerned.

I've been to more away Spurs games than at home.
Why. Because as a child and an adult I've moved all over the place. I'd love to live close to Spurs and I'd probably go to 5-6 games a year. I now live in Ireland and am hoping that the bigger ground will give me the chance to go more often.

Imo the views of fans about players who actually go to the match are more useful than mine about how we play.

I don't buy shirts anymore, nor am I member anymore, nor do I subscribe to watch the games.

I'm probably Mr Levys worst nightmare. I'm 100% Spurs.

:levystare:

I was a member for one year (paid for two memberships to guarantee two tickets), and have only been to one game. I have only been following spurs for about 4-5 years because I couldn't watch PL on TV but have been a football fan my entire life.

I absolutely love football, I'll watch as much as I can (except MLS) and have done what i can to learn the history of the club. I love the clubs motto, love the way we challenge those who outspend us by loads, love what Poch is building.

i consider myself a a supporter, I spent on my one trip to Wembley what some people spend on season tickets. So those who think i need to go to more games to be considered a supporter can piss off.

I've been to more away Spurs games than at home.
Why. Because as a child and an adult I've moved all over the place. I'd love to live close to Spurs and I'd probably go to 5-6 games a year. I now live in Ireland and am hoping that the bigger ground will give me the chance to go more often.

Imo the views of fans about players who actually go to the match are more useful than mine about how we play.

I don't buy shirts anymore, nor am I member anymore, nor do I subscribe to watch the games.

I'm probably Mr Levys worst nightmare. I'm 100% Spurs.

:levystare:

Hello there, just wondering where in Ireland you reside ?

I love Spurs , like we all do, but I class myself as a fan not a supporter.

Supporters to me are people that go to games etc.

Stopped going week In week out about 4 years ago.

In this day and age you can be a fan wherever you live, back in the day I would have disagreed. I could never understand why you would like a team that you had no link to ie going to watch Us train, being in a pub and one of our players walks in etc

to answer the original question, absolutely 100% yes

Theres no point getting into a pissing contest saying I am more spurs than you as Morris Keston would have always been last man standing (before he passed away).

Back
Top Bottom