As an American can I truly be a fan of Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm half-American and have lived in Spain most of my life. What a silly question. Just because we don't get to watch live very often means diddlysquat. And if you're singing with only your dogs to hear, go to a supporters bar instead. You're over 21. That's what I do when I'm visiting family in the US.

As an American Spurs fan myself, I answer Yes. Go spend a month in London, attend a couple games, and debauch your way through a few Tottenham pubs and you'll see that we're not so different after all.

Bit drastic to say he's never going to experience a live game at his tender age. I know Americans are not great travellers, but surely you would make it happen if it meant that much to you.

Yes. Next question.
zKxvWGU.jpg

Yeah......:thumbup:

Damn kid, I fly out of Toronto which is one of the most expensive airports due to all the taxes and fees and I still go over for 3-4 days at a time. Just save some money up. Its not unreasonable to get to a game! Tickets are a bit harder but we all have faith you'll get there.

No ,
'since you came over to Blighty offering unobtainable knicker elastic , stockings ,spam and crap chocolate to all the birds for a quick shag , while all the blokes were in the desert doing their bit with Monty.
Unforgivable .

Last edited:
Absolutely you can, I don't go for this 'if you don't go to games you're not a fan etc' I was a season ticket holder for 15 years only because my dad was buying it for me along with his own! Nowdays I can only afford to get to half a dozen or so games a season and that is a major stretch, but it doesn't mean that whenever, wherever we play I'm not glued to telly, radio, stream, TFC whatever I can to live every moment with my beloved spurs. As far as I'm concerned as long as you perform all the wierd rituals that (I presume, and hope!) We all do prior to and during matches, not sitting down, tapping fingers on knees a specific number of times (just 2 of mine) and have that fluttery feeling in your heart throughout the game, the feeling of total euphoria when we win and of total desolation when we lose, then you'll do for me!

He answers his own question in his last few sentences IMHO.

If you follow the club, game in game out, season after season, feel the pain of a loss, and the joy of a victory, wear the badge with pride, engage where possible with like minded Spurs fans, and so forth, then why do you need validation ?

He's young, and his desire to experience the game live will come if he wishes it. Should the club mean as much as he says, then a trip to London is something he should aim for, and that may mean "sacrificing" something else.

Article started with a question, and ended with an answer.

Mate, if you’re still wondering, bail out now. My decision to start supporting Spurs at the age of seven, from this distance, was comfortably the worst decision I’ve ever made. You’re still comparatively young. Burn everything you have relating to Spurs - wash that navy and white from your hands, and settle down with a nice girl. A lifetime of abject misery awaits if you choose to ignore this well meant advice. If however you do - welcome aboard you poor bastard.

Last edited:
Mate, if you’re stil wondering, bail out now. My decision to start supporting Spurs at the age of seven, from this distance, was comfortably the worst decision I’ve ever made. You’re still comparatively young. Burn everything you have relating to Spurs - wash that navy and white from your hands, and settle down with a nice girl. A lifetime of abject misery awaits if you choose to ignore this well meant advice. If however you do - welcome aboard you poor bastard.

Fook of Joe Clash Joe Clash , I wasn't talking to you.
Oh wait... my bad

Welcome back from holidays mate.

Back
Top Bottom