Arrived

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said this (to myself and maybe to Twitter) after Wolves, but it is even more apt after today's loss.

Since the (first) City loss, have we been played off the pitch in any, single PL match?

Think of the points dropped. Think of the losses: Stoke and City are both mired in controversy (to some extent). Even Wolves was controversial.

This side is here to thump their chests and stare down every opponent. It may be the case that they do not have quite the "title-winning" killer's edge yet. But no one is taking them for granted, and no one has proven that they can even risk trying to walk all over this army. Think about how hapless Spurs looked when City came to WHL! Compare that to today! Fully 1/3 of the away goals scored at Etihad this season came from this “soft” side.

They have not been perfect. They have occasionally played below the potential that we know they have. But their true level cannot be denied.

And it will not be denied.

:ledley: Lifted Ledley agrees.

Trying to think of a time where we've been played off the pitch, and I can't. Two games that stand out for me off the top of my head are the second half at Craven Cottage and about 75 minutes versus chelsea. I wouldn't hold these up as examples of being played off the park (although the last 45 against Fulham felt like a beating at the time), but they are examples where we have been the inferior side.

There will always be days like that I guess but IMO it is difficult to put a Rizla between us and City, the best team in the land. We showed again today we can cause anyone problems.

proved we are 3rd on merit. Not because others around us are poor, Though this helps. But because we fully deserve to be alongside the manchester clubs in at title challenge and not part of the top 4 challenge below us.

There is a long way to go. but its been a long way so far too and the team should now be confident they are in it till the end. Its gonna be tight.

The only negative I have, is why did we wait for the 2nd half to come alive. The opening 15 minutes cost us against Stoke, could've tried changing things around earlier yesterday.

Obviously, this is the benefit of hindsight, I'm still trying to make sense of it all.

What I've taken from this season is the spirit and fight we have shown throughout (well, opening couple of games aside). We never know when we're beat and we keep fighting.

They will hate to admit it, given that they seem to have this irratonal hatred of us (get over it, we beat you to 4th fair and square) but they will know they lucked out yeterday on more than just one factor.

YidoBuckler said:
Ben said:
They will hate to admit it, given that they seem to have this irratonal hatred of us (get over it, we beat you to 4th fair and square) but they will know they lucked out yeterday on more than just one factor.

Ricky Villa.

Jesus, and people accuse US of living in the past....!

Surely being 0-3 down and winning 4-3 at our place in the FA Cup more than made up for summit that happened 30 years ago, and 21 years before the OFFICIAL INCEPTION OF FOOTBALL (Sky's 1992 Brand!)

In my mind, the 1-0 Crouch game that got us CL football was immediately 'evened up' by their last season 1-0 'Crouch' game... so what was yesterday's evil cruel twist in aid of?
All I can make of it, was to further ram home the fact that in THIS day and age, evil, cheating and blatant aggression comes out on top... it's not simply survival of the fittest, it's win by cheating gets you further than actually trying to play the game in the fucking spirit it was invented for!

Man City can stamp and buy their way to the fucking league if that's what makes them happy.

Tottenham's involvement in English Football has already been made a mockery the moment the Mendes goal at OT was ruled out, coupled with Lasagne-gate and all THAT entailed.. I've allowed it to wash over me in the subsequent years, but it doesn't hide the truth. And until they fucking sort out the current disgusting nature of a win-at-all-costs mentality, then football, it's referees and corrupt organisations are there for the taking!

And when/if they do win the league who's gonna give a fuck. Not me.

Look at this shiny trophy, only cost us nigh on a billion. Well done you, you have more money than everyone else, cool story bro.

Silverware won't suit them anyway, doesn't become them.

I wouldn't celebrate a cyclist on steroids winning the TDF, and I won't feel a thing for these brats, hollow victory.

YidoBuckler said:
Ben said:

Ricky Villa.
like any of them were around for that...

Ben said:
YidoBuckler said:
Ben said:

Ricky Villa.

To be fair it was a few years ago, but there was a thread on blue moon on why they hate Spurs so much, and his name popped up a bit.

YidoBuckler said:
Ben said:
Ricky Villa.

To be fair it was a few years ago, but there was a thread on blue moon on why they hate Spurs so much, and his name popped up a bit.

But I feel hating US for daring to score one of the greatest FA Cup goals in history, is a bit like hating Einstein 'cos he was cleverer than you...

Now when it comes to hatred, watching a player score a last minute penalty to win a game he should have been taking no part in, then stand like a smug arrogant twat with his arms outstretched as if to say; "Suck on my rancid retarded cock you motherfuckers... look how crime pays... and pays handsomely!" THEN we can talk about some serious, VALID hatred of a team... until that happens, fuck off back to the shit soaked sewers you crawled out from 3 years ago when some Arab waved some blood-money under your noses!

didnt take the cunts long to turn into the same kind of 'fans' that they lied about hating at manc united , did it ? hope we dont turn into cunts who make pathetic songs on youtube. kna mean,,

Back
Top Bottom