are we going to implode?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

more injury blows when we really dont need them.
anybody starting to feel like we playing with fire?
i feel some uncertainty creeping into my mind thats for sure.
i know the team is up for the challenge without injuries, but we have
seen what happens without like for like cover, and players being
shoved into positions so we have our strongest 11 players on the field
just doesnt cut it.
any more injuries and i will start to worry a bit.

I don't think so. We are suffering a dip right now, but we'll come out of it I think, in time for the FA Cup semi final, hopefully.

I do worry about the games at Goodison and Stamford Bridge though!

i honestly dont even think we are suffering a dip (except for the scum game).
we are just losing vital cover or first team choice due to injury during a period where the lower teams
we are gonna be facing are all fighting for their lives.

Losing Dawson is a blow but Gallas is nearly ready to play and Azza will probably be back in 3 weeks and we still have enough players to choose from. Don't lose faith just yet.

I really feel for Dawson. He is a smashing lad and a good defender capable of being brilliant but more so, he is brilliant for the club. It has been mentioned for a while now how influential he is, involved with lots of our community work and for him to suffer a second knee ligament injury is appalling.

I don't think the loss of Lennon and Dawson will see us implode but it certainly doesn't help.

I would be interested to know Lennon's injury record because I'm sure it is pretty poor.

I have to say half the time last night the players didnt look like they knew what they were doing - much like the Woolwich game but that is probably down to the wonky line-up more than anything.

As usualy it took 62 mins for them to get going, which annoys me in these games. Stevenage werent great imo, we were just not at the races.

It is how we react if we fall behind Woolwich- the press will be jumping up and down etc.

At start of the season you would have taken the position we are in- no question- 3rd in league 4 points ahead of 4th and a home draw in FA Cup 1/4 final.

Yes injuries blah blah- that is why you have a squad- a result at Everton- even a draw would be fine likewise against Chelsea- if that means Woolwich go above so what- remember they are chasing a trophy in 4th spot- coming 3rd in Wenger's head must be a Champions league or something- Poldolski is a good signing at a decent price is that does come off mind you

It seems to me like we have not been the same team since the Harry court case/England nonsense started no matter what Redknapp says.

We arent flowing with confidence at the same time as defending with determination.

Hopefully it will swing back that way this weekend.

Sean said:
Did alright against Newcastle.

Agreed, Newcastle we fookin shite tho.

The Stevenage game before that was poor, Liverpool wasnt great (good result but not a great performace) Wigan was OK, Watford was awful.

Just gone off the boil a bit IMO

Dru said:
Sean said:

The Stevenage game before that was poor, Liverpool wasnt great (good result but not a great performace) Wigan was OK, Watford was awful.

i think its got less to do with being off the boil and to do with the uncertainty
surrounding a few situations at the club currently. even if the lads say it doesnt effect them
somewhere deep down it most certainly does.

Dru said:
Sean said:

If that run of results is our 'dip' and it's now over and we can get back to winning ways... then I'm chuft.

I noticed a lot of fans last night getting on players backs, whining, moaning, shouting a bit of abuse even... we are not :goonermong: this is NOT GOING TO HELP...

Dru said:
Agreed. I long for NLD type atmosphere's at every home game.

I long to get tickets to a NLD... Last I managed to get by a bit of luck on the exchange was the dull 0-0 draw at home a few seasons back... the biggest cheer of the night was when Ade pulled his hammy and had to be stretchered off... how things have changed! lol

Back
Top Bottom