Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on which one of you great people who went yesterday wrote this???

CbQKCF7XIAAyRlr.jpg:large

Did you get Dembele and Rose mixed up in the bolded part? I mean Dembele is always praised by pundits, they know how good he is and whenever we play a top him he's always singled out as an important player due to how good he is on the ball.

Thought you may have meant that Dembele got it because pundits still think Rose is rubbish and don't really watch Spurs enough to realise how good he is because for me there was only one man of the match yesterday and that was Danny Rose.
No doubt Rose is terribly underrated by pundits and the general non-spurs population (a Liverpoo friend of mine still thinks Moreno is better! :roflmao:) but I still think Dembele isn't given anywhere near the credit he deserves by 'experts'. He'd never be mentioned in a discussion for best midfielder in the league when in reality, only Kante has been as good as him this season (and even he was completely nullified by Tom Carroll in the cup).

Amazing ride this season so far. Loving this team more than ever, quite a bunch. Still cant believe yesterday was pulled off. Cant stop thinking about the match, watched it again before bed last night.

The thing that stood out to me?

The amount of instructions being given out.

Hart starts telling Fernando how to defend/where he needs to be seconds after they've left the dressing room. If you need to tell your defensive midfielder where to be 10 seconds after the team talk, then you've obviously not prepared very well and it shows a lack of faith. 5 seconds before this he was saying "We can control this game", so it's a little strange he's telling people how to defend a few seconds later. If you control the game you don't need to defend.

Hart shouting "More goals, more goals" and then the camera goes to Aguero (Who was drifting at the back, as far away as possible) Just added pressure on him. He looked up and obviously heard it, didn't seem too chuffed.

During the warm up and half time, a lot of our players were talking to each other, laughing, joking. City either didn't talk to each other or just barked out instructions. Look at our team at 3.37. They're all in a circle, looking at each other. Every player is involved.

City come out at 4.21. Kompany on his own. looking moody and disinterested, languid and sulky with his body language. The interesting bit is how far behind him his team are and how long it takes Kompany to turn back around to aknowledge them. Their players don't stand in a circle, so much as two lines, with big gaps between each other, and only 2-3 players talking.

Dier waving at Toure during half time in the tunnel was funny too.

Clear to see even in the tunnels that we're the better prepared, the more composed and the more together team.

Spot on. I remember a few years ago (before Poch), where the cameras just before the match showed the tunnel, with Jan leaning casually against the wall. We duly got a hammering. Tables have truly turned.

Spot on. I remember a few years ago (before Poch), where the cameras just before the match showed the tunnel, with Jan leaning casually against the wall. We duly got a hammering. Tables have truly turned.

To be fair, Eriksen was leaning against the wall in that video too lol =P

ok now all the dust has settled and iv chilled out a bit and the all day hang over has finally subsided I start to think back on yesterdays events it dawns on me that we could win the fucking league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dier::dierno::levywhoa::bentalebscream::allitongue::eriksenlol::levylol::levywtf::pocheyes::walker-scream::vert::sonlol:

ok now all the dust has settled and iv chilled out a bit and the all day hang over has finally subsided I start to think back on yesterdays events it dawns on me that we could win the fucking league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dier::dierno::levywhoa::bentalebscream::allitongue::eriksenlol::levylol::levywtf::pocheyes::walker-scream::vert::sonlol:

But will you still buy us that striker, sir? :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom