App

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice update!

I'm gonna copy and paste the shit out of it.

FYI guys - I have just started updating The Fighting Cock iPhone app to support the new iPhone 5 dimensions - Should have it done by the weekend and it will be available in about 1.5 to 2 weeks (after Apple approval).

This will also fix issues with downloads we are getting at the moment.

Mitch.

I got the app a while ago, it looks good and it's cool having a quick link between the forum, blogs, and podcast. My problem is when I go to download a podcast, I have to stay there on that screen. If I go to the forum, the podcast download stops. If I come out of the app altogether and use something else on my phone, the download stops. Also if I leave it on the download screen and just put my phone down, the download stops when the phone goes into standby.

Is this how it is for everyone? Only the download takes ages, so it isn't practical to leave it in the download screen, touching the phone screen every now and again to stop it going into standby. I'm on iPhone by the way.

Got an iPad for Christmas (yeah eat that spooky spooky ) and the app looks quite weird. It's like an inflated version of the iPhone version in some places as the screen ratios don't look like they've been made for an iPad.

Or am I just being over sensitive?

Got an iPad for Christmas (yeah eat that spooky spooky ) and the app looks quite weird. It's like an inflated version of the iPhone version in some places as the screen ratios don't look like they've been made for an iPad.

Or am I just being over sensitive?
I reckon that means the app has not been optimised for iPad, so it runs in a kind of 'emulation' mode.

Alright guys.

As lads said on the podcast a new version of the app should be going to apple for approval this week. At the moment it looks like 6 days to get reviewed and updated (http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/)

Once I get this version created I will look how much work is involved in updated the app to work natively on the iPad.

-Mitch

Back
Top Bottom