Anton Walkes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never saw anything even remotely promising about him and I still find it unbelievably strange that we played Luke Amos (at the time an England youth starter) at left-back for more than a year to accomodate Walkes as a central, or even attacking, midfielder.

Well that's the end of that then!

The one thing Poch knows now is a promising Spurs youngster. .. if Walkes ain't it, then he ain't it.

I trust Poch's judgement clearly more than
he trusts Walkes' future career with us.

No hard feelings.

Yeah he's on loan
Well I gathered that. But pretty sure it was confirmed his contract was terminated earlier in the year.

Must not have been. Anyway, good luck to him. Nowhere near good enough for Spurs, probably not even good enough for the Premier League but living your days out in the States doesn't seem so bad.

Well I gathered that. But pretty sure it was confirmed his contract was terminated earlier in the year.

Must not have been. Anyway, good luck to him. Nowhere near good enough for Spurs, probably not even good enough for the Premier League but living your days out in the States doesn't seem so bad.
Bit harsh and too early to call if he's Prem standard or not, plenty of scope for him to be a Prem player at say Bournemouth, As Smith and Daniels can testify.

He appears to be emerging as a fullback, which I believe he only played once in his career (his debut under Poch).

He is listed as on loan by Spurs. Actually states it's a 6 month loan starting Jan 2017. So up now??

Makes me wonder if it's some intricate "loan" where they released him, but he comes back via some Zeki Fryers type stuff (for some reason)

Makes me wonder if it's some intricate "loan" where they released him, but he comes back via some Zeki Fryers type stuff (for some reason)
probably a variety of reasons, Darren Eales is ex-Spurs now heading up Atalanta building them from scratch, so we scratch his back providing a player. I'm guessing but maybe there is a bit more talk around him because he is a Spurs player, bit more PR, shows ambition, shows off Eales credentials by tapping into his connections etc ???

Going forward he then scratches our back sometime in the future when New York City (Citeh in disguise) or whatever other billionaire that owns a PL and MLS club start dictating things and hoarding players and trading players between clubs at fees set by them to manipulate fair play rules or fuck up the market for other clubs, take your pick on that. It might pay to have close links with a club in the future.

and/or as you say he there is some rule that we are being shrewd and cute about. Whatever it is all I've heard from the last handful of games is how well he's playing which is nice to hear.

Got serious respect for the lad for doing this, especially seeing they didn't even lose. It was a 3-3 draw with Orlando. Got subbed after 81 minutes after playing right back, no idea how he played but guessing not great. Apparently at fault for their third goal.

Just saw this on reddit.

Our former youth player Anton Walkes has passed away at 25. He was playing for Charlotte FC in the MLS.

Back
Top Bottom