Another new manager poll (apologies)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which of the 3 favourites would you pick as new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have we signed a striker yet? sorry how 2012-2013 of me........
Have we got a manager yet?

Do you think Daniel waiting for us to do ANOTHER poll so he can be sure who to choose?

Out of interest, would anyone now consider Ranieri a left-field choice?

Seems to have always done a good job at most of his clubs, whilst being on the wrong side of good luck in each season. Can't remember the style of football his teams play, though..

Was known as the ultimate Tinker Man....dont expect the same line up twice from what I can remember of him

Was known as the ultimate Tinker Man....dont expect the same line up twice from what I can remember of him

I think squad rotation was unheard of back then, but it's more common these days

remember him finishing 2nd for chelsea and then getting the boot

Interesting to look back at this poll and see Poch was our least wanted of the final 3 favourites.

I myself voted for De Boer.

Fuck me I wouldn't change our decision now though.

It might be early days, but we can all see the changes and positivity around the club. Not to say De Boer wouldn't have had a good start, but I struggle to see how he could have bettered Poch so far.

And THAT is why Daniel Levy is in charge, and we're all on TFC pretending that we know the best decision!:pochlol:

I was upset with the Poch appointment after overlooking de Boer. I think de Boer will be a top, top manager in the very near future. That said, I wouldnt trade him for Poch right now. Poch has said and done all the right things. Addressed all of our needs except possibly for LW. Had backup plans when the wanted player didnt work out (im starrig at you AVB and Moutinho).

His teams are organised, our defense was gifting goals nearly every game. He also has a record of doing very well with limited resources making his teams punch above their weight.

This response makes far more sense than the one that says "he guarantees a trophy" which I find hilarious, considering who he has managed, spursy can ruin any trend in football!

Yeah, but he turned a CL winning Inter team into absolute dross...

Jose pulled a little bit of a fergie with Inter they were all on the way out and peaked just right, I agree though would have found it hard to have him as manager, knowing he'd be gone 18 months later whatever happened

I voted Benitez purely for his CV compared to the others , his experience in the prem trophies won etc . I like poch he was my 3rd choice though as unproven but I like the style he wants his team to play

Look at the state of this thread.

I voted for De Boer.

10% voted Poch. Just shows the majority of us are clueless wankers.

To the 90% :adebaehug:

To the smart arse 10% :avbfu:

Look at the state of this thread.

I voted for De Boer.

10% voted Poch. Just shows the majority of us are clueless wankers.

To the 90% :adebaehug:

To the smart arse 10% :avbfu:

Remember at the time De Boer was nearly everyone's first choice, in fairness most people rated Poch, I would have been happy with either as per below quote but definatly glad Poch was choosen. In the early days to my shame I was also quite open to Van Gaal but so glad we dodged that bullet, great record but a total dick. Got to give Levy credit this time, he made the right decision.

''FDB is probably most people's first choice, would take Pochettino as well. Really not sure about Benitez but if we can't get either FDB or Poch would take''

I voted Benitez purely for his CV compared to the others , his experience in the prem trophies won etc . I like poch he was my 3rd choice though as unproven but I like the style he wants his team to play

Same here, thought we needed as low a risk as possible given our turmoil with managers over 15-20 years.

Poch doing well so far, still going to be this time next year until we really know.

Let's remember, if we bomb out of Europa, lose the cup final and suffer a Sunday hangover this weekend then suddenly all is much bleaker by early March, IF.

Even after none of or all of that happens, when Poch lets players go and whatever new ones we get in the summer means more transition for the squad again and people needing to adapt. AVB was bombed in that same tough period after losing Bale and getting no Premier League experience in. Presumably Poch will get more slack but depends how things are going.

I suppose any of De Boer or MP would have been the choice for Levy. Forget LVG or Benetiz, they need money to spend.
MP and FDB both fitted the bill as managers who were not afraid to promote from within; managers who could improve what they have and play decent football. The idea was to get a manager who could provide decent football and have some challenge through austere times financially.
De Boer turned us down as he probably has a better chance of success at Ajax and therefore be offered a job at a club that is 'capable' of winning a title in another league.
I'm sure he will only leave for either Chelsea, Man City or Man U in this league or Barca /Real and maybe Atletico in Spain.
Come to Spurs, fail to do anything in a tough league and he will not. After all, he's already in charge of a team that should/could be winning the title in Holland and will be qualifying for CL every season.

MP however fell out with his former club and saw us as a step up -no disrespect to SAFC intended.

LVG would never have taken our club. He needs to be able to spend, spend, spend. We do not fit in with his ego either. It's okay being a decent coach with the best players of your country, or teams who are shoe ins for the title and CL qualification and have the financial clout to buy to improve. It's a different matter coaching a club to success that has limited funds, hasn't won a tile since 1961, has never won the European cup and has only qualified for the CL once since it's inception.
Ok, he did it with AZ but that was an anomaly. I mean either PSV, Ajax or Feyenoord invariably finish in the top 2 since the Eredivisie's inception. That year not one of them did.

Back
Top Bottom