Another new manager poll (apologies)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which of the 3 favourites would you pick as new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember at the time De Boer was nearly everyone's first choice, in fairness most people rated Poch, I would have been happy with either as per below quote but definatly glad Poch was choosen. In the early days to my shame I was also quite open to Van Gaal but so glad we dodged that bullet, great record but a total dick. Got to give Levy credit this time, he made the right decision.

''FDB is probably most people's first choice, would take Pochettino as well. Really not sure about Benitez but if we can't get either FDB or Poch would take''
I was sure Van Gaal was included in a poll somewhere but I couldn't find it. I remember at the time it seemed people were crying out for LvG to take the job. I thought he was a dick then, and he's a dick now. I'd rather be 6th playing the football we are, with the boys we have on the pitch, than have to watch Van Gaal's superstars put in mediocre after mediocre performance. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes it's not just about results. With him at the helm they are becoming as detestable as Liverpool.

DeeGee Just wanted to say (not that it's my place!) that you're an asset to this forum mate. Always add to the discussion and offer a full and balanced opinion. Your 'tl;dr' posts are always worth a read!

De Boer turned us down as he probably has a better chance of success at Ajax and therefore be offered a job at a club that is 'capable' of winning a title in another league.
Agree with what you say however my interpretation around De Boer is that we sacked him off because he went public by confirming to the press he was talking to us, rather than he turned us down.

I was sure Van Gaal was included in a poll somewhere but I couldn't find it. I remember at the time it seemed people were crying out for LvG to take the job. I thought he was a dick then, and he's a dick now. I'd rather be 6th playing the football we are, with the boys we have on the pitch, than have to watch Van Gaal's superstars put in mediocre after mediocre performance. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes it's not just about results. With him at the helm they are becoming as detestable as Liverpool.

DeeGee Just wanted to say (not that it's my place!) that you're an asset to this forum mate. Always add to the discussion and offer a full and balanced opinion. Your 'tl;dr' posts are always worth a read!

Thanks DeeGee Millbanks Millbanks much appriciated.

Back
Top Bottom