Anelka

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like he'll be out of Chelsea in January

Thoughts?

Typical Redknapp signing?

Don't get me wrong, not saying we should sign him, just gauging opinion.

I'd prefer Leandro Damiao, but if they want £30M he surely isn't worth it, is he? Would Anelka be able to replace Pav for a couple of seasons, or should we look elsewhere?

If he's not good enough for them hes not good enough for us.

Plus his wages would be quite large, and I can imagine he would frustrate a lot at Spurs

after Parker, I shan't doubt anything.

Ideally I wouldn't want him, but he's better than Pav.

I think Anelka will end up either in the MLS, Russia or Middle East.

I think we can all see we're not far from really competing at the top table. What we need is that elusive striker who will spearhead us onto the next level. Someone like Tevez who will score 25-30 goals in a season against all types of defences. Whether Adebayor is that man I'm not sure even though I think he's done fantastically well since joining.

Personally I'm hoping Levy can see what we can all see and just goes and gets Leandro. £30m would be a massive gamble but lets go for it. It'll hardly bankrupt us if it doesn't come off. Sign him and Ade (if his wages are acceptable) and lets see what this team can do next season and as long as he's not in jail give Redknapp the money he'll want to remain as spurs manager instead of working for the FA.

It's put up or shut up time and Anelka probably wouldn't get the juices flowing on the terraces or within the dressing room.

MLS is a good shout - could see him doing that - LA or NY

We should buy Damiao - would be shit if we went through all the negotiations etc not to sign him. Would also keep Sandro happy.

Thelonious Filth said:
Sandro went straight down the tunnel on Monday, didn't even celebrate. Hoping that there's nothing in that.

Yeah, heard that on the Spurs Show. He was warming up for most of the second half and looked desperate to get on. He may be worried he'll now be behind Huddlestone and Parker. Personally I'd like to see Sandro start with Parker on Saturday, with VdV out right... But that's a different thread

Sibs said:
Thelonious Filth said:
Sandro went straight down the tunnel on Monday, didn't even celebrate. Hoping that there's nothing in that.

Yeah, heard that on the Spurs Show. He was warming up for most of the second half and looked desperate to get on. He may be worried he'll now be behind Huddlestone and Parker. Personally I'd like to see Sandro start with Parker on Saturday, with VdV out right... But that's a different thread

no Modric or Lennon?

Sandro would've thought and rightly so IMO that he would've got 20-30 minutes considering how easy that game was for us. One of Redknapp's major faults is his inability to rotate the team and that should include doing more than taking Modric off with 2 minutes to go. Parker should've been rested with Saturday in mind with at least 20 minutes to go and Sandro could've got a run out.

Can't see how Sandro would think he was behind Huddlestone though. I'm guessing only Pienaar is behind him and that's a close call.

I don't think Anelka would be a good signing, his wages effectively kill the transfer off before its started anyway.

I really really hope Levy stumps up and pays the £30m for Damiao. His scoring record has been phenominal, I read 17 in 13 games so far this season, and it was at least a goal a game last season. We put a £38.5m bid for Aguero in last January, so its not like we don't have the money. Damiao is younger and while its true it may be more of a risk, Aguero was never going to come to us anyway. Let's use the sporting partnership we've got and get him! We already have a mate of his in Sandro at the club too. I can't believe he didn't even feature in the discussion about a new striker in today's podcast to be honest.

Thelonious Filth said:
he's agreed go Russia as far as I'm aware.

paulhasissues said:
I heard is going to UAE or somewhere like that?

I haven't seen any quotes from him personally in the news, and the Russian club said they weren't interested so that bid was probably made up by his agents. I'm hoping they are just trying to raise the price a bit by linking him with Barca and Shaktar etc... Its unlikely but I can still hope! I made a topic about him in this forum.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you were talking about Damiao

Anelke is a late blommer and he keeps himself in a good healthy condition

He would be quality in our squad right now and for at the very least a year or 2 more

Ade, Defoe and Anelka would be fuckn minted, I'd take Anelka in january for 10 mil with the quickness he'd certify a top 3 finish even if Ade got injured.

Anelka and Cahill in jan and we could win the league

Back
Top Bottom