Anelka and Alex

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With AVB having confirmed that Chelsea have accepted transfer requests from both Anelka and Alex is anyone else thinking that both would be worth a cheeky bid?

We need another striker in case Adebayor gets injured and Alex would be a much better acquisition than Cahill IMO, great defender and can strike a ball pretty well too.

Having said that, after playing hard ball with Chelsea over the summer, they could go all Man City on us and refuse to sell or bump up the price.

I'm pretty sure two players who wan't to leave a club challenging in the Champ League because they don't get enough playing time wouldn't wan't to come and be second fiddle for us.

I'd be delighted with Anelka as I think he could still do a job in the Prem.

Alex though, is slower than a glacier and we need speed in defence, so no.

If we have near enough signed Vertonghen I guess only Anelka is worth debating. On the one hand, he could really help us out in the short term. On the other, we should be going all out to sign a young quality striker, and only signing another shorter term player if plan A can't happen this winter. But yeah, if we did fail to sign Damiao or whoever, then I could see Anelka being a useful signing later this season.

I think Le Sulk would be a decent signing if we get him on the cheap. I'd rather have a seasoned pro that's done it all before at this time of the season as back up rather than trying to get an as yet proven younger player, which we can wait till the summer to do that.

I'd take Anelka for sure on a bargin for a season or 2 especially if we can't get Ade on a permanent deal

Ade, Anelka and Defoe we'd be minted for a good bit

Mike in Parma said:
Now there's a load of shit saying Chelsea would give us Frank Lampard & cash for Modric. Fuck off!

:laugh:

If Levy was a lad he'd come out with an offer of Pav + 10 mill for Torres.

Chelsea actually defend better when Alex is there but I don't think he would be the right signing for us.

We need to get someone who we could groom to replace King long term. Caulker might even be this player.

Back
Top Bottom