Andy Najar

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah he won MLS Rookie of the Year for the 2010 season as a 17-year old...no easy task.

Kinda like you said, he's definitely a longggg way from being ready for a team like Spurs. But bringing him in and sending him to a Championship side for a year or two isn't something I'd be opposed to. Plenty of potential.

He played well for DC United this year but wasn't really a massive star or anything like that for them.

I believe we only have formal relations with San Jose. Though if the MLS has decent players to send over for training, I suppose there's no reason for us to ignore that.

Initially I thought Najar was heeding Jurgen's call to have US MLS internationals do more over the offseason...then I remembered Najar declared his international allegiance to Honduras. Oh well.

while it's far from being considered a top league it's better than League Two. It could be considered to be a similar standard to the Championship although maybe the bottom half of that league. However, there are still some very good players plying their trade in the league that would definitely get into premier league teams (although not ours)

I don't mind unique names like Galaxy, Rapids etc....but I hate the fact they copied the names of European clubs.

Real Salt Lake
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
Sporting Kansas City
DC United

Pooy League

GinolaGazza said:
I don't mind unique names like Galaxy, Rapids etc....but I hate the fact they copied the names of European clubs.

Real Salt Lake
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
Sporting Kansas City
DC United

Pooy League

Most of it was done to garner attention. Though I agree ones like 'Real' are dumb as it's not even English. Dynamo is another name for an electrical generator though...not sure why that qualifies as a copycat name.

drwinston001 said:
while it's far from being considered a top league it's better than League Two. It could be considered to be a similar standard to the Championship although maybe the bottom half of that league. However, there are still some very good players plying their trade in the league that would definitely get into premier league teams (although not ours)

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Some squads (such as Galaxy) would probably at the very least challenge top Championship sides and perhaps relegation zone Prem squads.

and was used to describe the game before the term football was, although I agree it's not soccer.

As for the names of the teams that's just the way the world works, especially in the US. Plenty of towns named after English towns because of their origins. It's only natural football, sorry I mean soccer teams would follow suit.

drwinston001 said:
and was used to describe the game before the term football was, although I agree it's not soccer.

As for the names of the teams that's just the way the world works, especially in the US. Plenty of towns named after English towns because of their origins. It's only natural football, sorry I mean soccer teams would follow suit.

I remember reading that "soccer" came from the "association" part of "association football". Though I'm sure plenty of others have written about different ways it came about.

I have this argument all the time guys what with being a Brit living in Tampa. My retort is usually a combination of the following:

"Look up FIFA and UEFA and see if you can see the word soccer in there"
"You speak English right? Well it is called Football so if you want to call it soccer, fuck off and invent your own language, just don't call in English"

mdiver said:
I have this argument all the time guys what with being a Brit living in Tampa. My retort is usually a combination of the following:

"You speak English right? Well it is called Football so if you want to call it soccer, fuck off and invent your own language, just don't call in English"

I'd probably counter with...
"FIFA is a French acronym and translated is International Federation of Association Football. We take Association, you take Football." I would also conveniently ignore the UEFA part of the comment haha.
"That's right, I speak American." <--and I would probably shudder on the inside, only saying it to annoy you

DCspurs said:
mdiver said:

I'd probably counter with...
"FIFA is a French acronym and translated is International Federation of Association Football. We take Association, you take Football." I would also conveniently ignore the UEFA part of the comment haha.
"That's right, I speak American." <--and I would probably shudder on the inside, only saying it to annoy you

errr Association is an "association" of teams that PLAY FOOTBALL.

And yes...it makes me shudder!

Back
Top Bottom