And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is anyone else hoping that we draw Anderlecht? Would be good for our Belgian contingent to get to see their families while they're home. Villareal or Bilbao would be nice too, some good weather one would hope!

Once we get to the quarter finals the interest will be huge, but let's say the draw is somebody like Astra or Rostov in the last 32. What do people reckon the crowd would be?
Taking into account that there were 62000 at Wembley on Wednesday, I think that we could expect that size crowd In the EL. Ticket pricing is important in this regard, but if the club remain sensible on pricing then why won't people attend if they can? I just wonder if they will cap numbers now?

Definitely. I want to see our best squad in these games. I don't want us to treat it like the league cup.
The rewards at the end of this is so much more than a League or FA Cup win. It includes Champions League qualification which I think is far more important than winning either or our domestic trophies. The FA Cup just does not carry the same prestige as it used to.

I get the reasons why the Europa is utter trash and a 2nd tier competition. Due to the nature of the travel, unknown European destination group stages and CL drop outs ruining it. We are now one of those CL drop outs which gives us a bit of an advantage. We should embrace it.

For anyone arguing about our league form dropping, I'd take finishing 6th and winning the Europa. I can't see us actually finishing below 6th with our squad, even if we had blips along the way.

Before I get myself excited, does anyone know the rules for Champions League places next season? Could we win the Europa, Woolwich finish 4th and we take their spot?

Before I get myself excited, does anyone know the rules for Champions League places next season? Could we win the Europa, Woolwich finish 4th and we take their spot?

That would be brilliant!

I read somewhere that Arsene is on £8.3 million a year

Really?

They would still get Champions League. Unless another English team wins the champions league and finishes outside the top 4.

So your best bet is Leicester win the CL and Woolwich finish 4th with us winning the Europa League and finishing 5th.

That would be brilliant!

I read somewhere that Arsene is on £8.3 million a year

Really?

I don't have a problem with those figures if it's true. If we're to imagine Sanchez or Ozil are on 200k a week I feel like the manager needs to be paid more than that just to balance it out. If players are paid more than the manager I feel it gives the manager less power than the players, and can it really be that way?

No, 4th is protected. Not sure how it would work if Leicester won the CL and finished outside of the top 4 and either us or Utd won the Europa and finished outside of the top 4. Giving 6 places, I am not sure if any one country is allowed that many representatives?

Calling us as winners if we avoid Fiorentina altogether and genuinely take it seriously, which with a strong league is probably our best option - would love Villarreal to give Bobby an ovation.

Once we get to the quarter finals the interest will be huge, but let's say the draw is somebody like Astra or Rostov in the last 32. What do people reckon the crowd would be?
Considering we have a couple of months to sell the tickets, it's the second leg, and if it's priced sensibly, I see no reason why we won't sell 75,000

Back
Top Bottom