And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gladbach or Villarreal are Champions League level ties in my view and will provide a stern test of our team. Either of them would do.

Now the 6pm EL kick-offs have ended, here is the updated list of teams we can face:

Krasnador
Rostov
Monchengladbach
Legia Warsaw
Ludogorets
Gent
PAOK
Astra Fuckin Goo Goo
Villarreal
Olympiacos
Anderlecht
AZ

Edit:

Hapoel Beer Sheva
Celta Vigo
Althletic Bilbao or Genk

Last edited:
Now the 6pm EL kick-offs have ended, here is the updated list of teams we can face:

Krasnador
Rostov
Monchengladbach
Legia Warsaw
Ludogorets
Gent
PAOK
Astra Fuckin Goo Goo
Villarreal
Olympiacos
Anderlecht
AZ

Not gonna lie I want Astra fuckin goo goo.....

Reminds me of this car....
2016-opel-astra-tcr_1600x0w.jpg

It's an Astra and it can fucking goo ......:allitongue:

Gladbach or Villarreal are Champions League level ties in my view and will provide a stern test of our team. Either of them would do.

Rostov, which I would like to avoid, is surely the 'David Bentley Commemorative Trophy' tie. :bentley:

Villarreal, the 'Roberto Soldado Stormtrooper Shooting Cup'. :soldadowatch:

AZ, would be the perfect game for Vinny to find his shooting boots. Under Armour Europa Derby. Dembele would also be up for his one.:dembele:

Astra Fuckin' Goo Goo, nothing needs to be said for this one. :harrysmile:

Right, before we go down the route of totally writing off the Europa League...
and thinking we're bigger than a EUROPEAN COMPETITION to ever bother trying to be in it...

let me first refer you to what it used to mean to our Club to not only participate in, but to actually attempt to win the thing!

cast your eyes over these...

3728.jpg
1445550_w2.jpg
uefa_cup_winners_1984.jpg
2DA9EBFB00000578-3284626-image-a-25_1445518335679.jpg

NOW TELL ME IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

I don't think any fan thinks we're too big for the competition. It's simply the case that our half arsed approach to it means we wimper out and it impacts our league form.

Sure there would be a lot more enthusiasm for the competition if there was any at club level.

I don't think any fan thinks we're too big for the competition. It's simply the case that our half arsed approach to it means we wimper out and it impacts our league form.

Sure there would be a lot more enthusiasm for the competition if there was any at club level.

I remember the excitement of 2006 and qualifying for the old UEFA Cup for the first time since our early knock out in 1999-2000 and the years of failing trying to get top 6 and Europe.

Southampton's fans were certainly gutted to be out last night. I think we've just become jaded towards Europa League qualification as it's pretty much the norm for us. Looking at the names in the draw, we really have a good chance against what is left.

Delighted we are in it. I won't watch a single game unless we reach the semis (due to the crazy time it is on), but still delighted we are in it.
Jealous of you guys who can get to Wembley and watch a glory, glory European night. You don't know how lucky you are.

I remember the excitement of 2006 and qualifying for the old UEFA Cup for the first time since our early knock out in 1999-2000 and the years of failing trying to get top 6 and Europe.

Southampton's fans were certainly gutted to be out last night. I think we've just become jaded towards Europa League qualification as it's pretty much the norm for us. Looking at the names in the draw, we really have a good chance against what is left.

Fingers crossed they'll go for it this year after the disappointment of getting knocked out the CL.

Reckon that will provide a boost

Once we get to the quarter finals the interest will be huge, but let's say the draw is somebody like Astra or Rostov in the last 32. What do people reckon the crowd would be?

Back
Top Bottom