And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

StubCunt gripes aside... am I being a naive fool by thinking we can actually win this Competition?

It's in our hands as we are more than capable of beating all the teams left in it if we play as we can.

Team selections and the PL will dictate our chances though.

The driving bit, piece of piss. In fact I'll be driving there on Monday on the way to Eindhoven.

I'm here lads! What time is kick off?

K1yWgaO.jpg

This is what pisses me right off & I suspect that there are some people who will just leave it at a silly price on the off chance that someone will bite, rather than simply offer the tickets at a reasonable price. Offer at face value plus any reasonable expenses, if you can't go! I'm convinced that some people offer up their seat every week on that satanic site & turn over a nice profit over the course of the season. So if they are making money on certain games, maybe they don't give a shit if their seat is empty the next week? I've no proof of it, but why else are games consistently sold out, and yet there are noticeable gaps every week, save for the occasional genuine sell out? I get that some people may not be able to make it for whatever reason/emergency, but it does seem a regular thing.
I know two people who do exactly that. Cunts.

You can buy tickets on the Spurs website in the away section on general sale, how odd, never seen that as an option before!

It looks like Gent will have two separate areas. The usual lower corner as there was in the group stage (which were sold by Gent like any normal game) and a section in the upper tier 524 - 526, where any Gent fans can just buy on our website.

StubCunt gripes aside... am I being a naive fool by thinking we can actually win this Competition?

Unfortunately I think highly unlikely, we'll treat it like the FA Cup. We all remember without Alli and Kane we didn't register a shot on target in the first half vs Villa. We look flat without our stars, like any team would tbf.

I also feel we probably underrate the general opposition in the EL, there's still plenty of good sides in there I think we'll progress against Gent but if we get a good side or a Russian side etc we'll absolutely sacrifice it

There are too many massive "last games at the old Lane" & a title challenge that's still on.
For my mind, beating the scum & Manure at the Lane one last time, hopefully going through the season unbeaten at home & likely progression in the Fa cup means that this one may be sacrificed sooner rather than later. I don't like the idea, but thinking about it, I'd rather keep the first team fresh for some of these battles to come. Beating woolwich at the Lane is an absolute must & comes above any other fixture this season. It may be narrow minded, but I couldn't bear their bleating if it was anything other than a Spurs win in that game. Plus I'm likely to have to sell a body part to pay for tickets for that one. Time booked off work all around that one in case of a date change.

I can see why people think we will field a weakened team. We probably will. But why the fuck did we play a full strength team against CSKA to ensure qualification then. After fielding a weakened team in Monaco resulting in elimination from the UCL.
Don't make sense to me.

I can see why people think we will field a weakened team. We probably will. But why the fuck did we play a full strength team against CSKA to ensure qualification then. After fielding a weakened team in Monaco resulting in elimination from the UCL.
Don't make sense to me.
I've pondered over this as well & can only conclude that it was a misjudgment of how strong Monaco would be, & it was a pride issue in the last game of the group stage.
Or maybe Poch is going for it in the Europa this year? I'd dearly love to go all the way in it, but not at the expense of losing the last games at WHL to arse or manure. Of course, it would be nice to make up some ground on the Chavs before those games & make a real fist of the title race. To do that we have to overturn a 9 point gap in the remaining fixtures. Which means full strength teams every week. Something has to give & whilst I'd love to see a trophy, we can't blame the club for going for gold in the league.
Maybe our second string will pull a surprise or two out of the hat & get us closer to a final than we might expect, by which time the league picture may be clearer. But we have to beat the scum in the final NLD at the old Lane. It is an absolute must for the sake of historical decency.

I've pondered over this as well & can only conclude that it was a misjudgment of how strong Monaco would be, & it was a pride issue in the last game of the group stage.
Or maybe Poch is going for it in the Europa this year? I'd dearly love to go all the way in it, but not at the expense of losing the last games at WHL to arse or manure. Of course, it would be nice to make up some ground on the Chavs before those games & make a real fist of the title race. To do that we have to overturn a 9 point gap in the remaining fixtures. Which means full strength teams every week. Something has to give & whilst I'd love to see a trophy, we can't blame the club for going for gold in the league.
Maybe our second string will pull a surprise or two out of the hat & get us closer to a final than we might expect, by which time the league picture may be clearer. But we have to beat the scum in the final NLD at the old Lane. It is an absolute must for the sake of historical decency.
We were poor against Monaco, but i still think if we did beat Leverkusen at Wembley we would have got through. Alli had a disallowed goal and a stone wall penalty not given, Dier hit the crossbar, their goal was a cheap double deflection into Kampl's feet. Still makes me think what if those decisions and opportunities had gone our way. Admittedly our defence was very poor in the CL group stage, especially at Wembley, but i do think we could go far in the EL this time round, and i think we will.

We were poor against Monaco, but i still think if we did beat Leverkusen at Wembley we would have got through. Alli had a disallowed goal and a stone wall penalty not given, Dier hit the crossbar, their goal was a cheap double deflection into Kampl's feet. Still makes me think what if those decisions and opportunities had gone our way. Admittedly our defence was very poor in the CL group stage, especially at Wembley, but i do think we could go far in the EL this time round, and i think we will.
Hope we do go a long way- all the way- in each tournament. But evaluating our priorities, and the number one priority remains the league. I can't face the thought of not beating l'arse & the other red scum at WHL in our last games there. I don't think we can manage all 3 competitions without significant rotation & I have my doubts that the second string will be strong enough in a round or two's time against the bigger boys in the FA cup & EL. At some points, we will have to field a weakened team in one of the competitions at the expense of risking that competition. Would hate to see our season fizzle out like it did at the end of last season. It wouldn't be a fitting finale to our time at the old WHL. We've got to trust Poch to do his job, & assess how best to manage the fixtures which will pile up the longer we stay in more than one competition.

Our best 11 & we can win it.
Lots of rotation? then I doubt it.

But as bolton said. if we can rotate & manage to stay in it, we then will have the option of our big guns for the latter rounds.

I fancy us to go through the next round even with a bit of rotation.
I would like vorm, george, janssen, winks, davies, wimmer, sissoko & ccv to get plenty of minutes.

Last edited:
Got two tickets if anyone is searching for some, Weekly Gent update : We bought 8 new players, 5 started on sunday and we beat Bruges (the hated club) for the first time in a year. We look to be on the up again with three clean sheets in a row and some prudent steps forward.

Back
Top Bottom