And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of interest, how many Gent fans would normally travel to a European away match that's reasonably easy to travel to, such as your Champions League matches last season against Wolfsburg, Valencia or Lyon? Is the demand similar, or is the demand for this one much higher because it's Spurs/Wembley?
Demand is a bit higher because its Spurs (very popular team in Belgium) combined with it being close and Wembley off course

Statler Gantoise Statler Gantoise i've been a member for ages and i've already bought my tickets and used a few other accounts of English friends that aren't going, also Spurs have notified Gent that there is a surprisingly high amount of new Belgian members :)

Out of interest, how many Gent fans would normally travel to a European away match that's reasonably easy to travel to, such as your Champions League matches last season against Wolfsburg, Valencia or Lyon? Is the demand similar, or is the demand for this one much higher because it's Spurs/Wembley?

2500 fans went to Valencia, roughly the same to Wolfsburg. This was down to ticket allocations.
None were allowed to Lyon due to the Paris attacks.

1. SPURS!
This is our fourth draft in two years: CL, CL last 16, EL and now EL last 32. We never had a "proper" opponent, a big name. No Barcelona, no Madrid, no Bayern and no English team.
Finally we have a big name: Spurs. We all know the club, we see it every week on TV (BBC1 and so MOTH is standard in our TV-channel package), some Belgians are playing quite well there and Spurs play our kind of football: fluid, dominant, attractive. It is not in the genes of Spurs to park the bus. Neither in ours. Also bear in mind that the FA Cup was on our BBC-equivalent during the 80s/90s. We are born and bred on English footie.

2. LONDON!
London is a hop over the channel, roughly 3 hours away. It has plenty of hotels, bars, attractions, is easy to travel to (ferry, plane, bus, train). Wolfsburg: that's a VW factory with some houses around it. So London is a plus. Plenty are coming to see the game and make a weekend of it.

3. WEMBLEY!
Que sera que sera...
White Hart Lane would have been fun but Wembley is the cherry on the cake.
If there is one stadium you have to see it's Wem-be-ley. Being a nostalgic romantic I preferred the old version, but to support your own team in the mothership of football against decent opposition, that takes some beating.
Win or lose, we win.

Got mine in near enough the same place as CL. Same block 130.
Fuck me a £5 note, inc fees.
However, there are really no excuses about expensive ticketing for not attending.

Did everyone else get charged the £3.50 booking fee? And then you apparently get it refunded after the game to your card?
I saw this at some stage in the booking process. Just a bit odd, not complaining!

Did everyone else get charged the £3.50 booking fee? And then you apparently get it refunded after the game to your card?
I saw this at some stage in the booking process. Just a bit odd, not complaining!
Yeah I did find that an odd way of doing it but I suspect it is, like the loyalty point thing, a way of ensuring those who buy actually attend.

Now that Spurs are third in the table and looking much more likely to make top four and CL, (as compared to a few weeks ago) I wonder I the motivation to take the cup in EL is high enough to actually succeed.

Hoping to get a couple on GS for myself and my brother in law. Just wondered - when buying on GS can you do it through your normal membership? Or do you have to set up a guest account or whatever?

Back
Top Bottom