Analysis of the goal conceded against Swansea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's not the first goal he's been at fault for but I don't expect that to have a huge impact on his confidence.

So did Kaboul and Gallas leave it because Friedel called for it? Otherwise I don't see why Kaboul didn't concede the corner to be safe. Who cares though like Thelonious says I doubt it will effect him much.

paddyspurs said:
So did Kaboul and Gallas leave it because Friedel called for it? Otherwise I don't see why Kaboul didn't concede the corner to be safe. Who cares though like Thelonious says I doubt it will effect him much.

Watch the video - he pulls up so as not to get in Friedel's way.

I think you're right on Friedel. He seems such a level-headed guy that any mistake will hopefully wash right over him.

They are all to blame defensively. You can't always rely on your goalkeeper at once. Someone should have taken control and just got rid early doors, it should never travel that far across your own goal. Out of all of them i'm disappointed in Walker, you can't just watch at this level.

eggsoakley said:
They are all to blame defensively. You can't always rely on your goalkeeper at once. Someone should have taken control and just got rid early doors, it should never travel that far across your own goal. Out of all of them i'm disappointed in Walker, you can't just watch at this level.

And he did so well about 5 minutes before to get in and clear from an almost identical position.

the key point here, as already mentioned, is whether Friedel called for it or not. If he did then it's his fault, if he didn't I think Kaboul should be clearing or simply controlling and passing it out of defence. That's what King would've done.

drwinston001 said:
the key point here, as already mentioned, is whether Friedel called for it or not. If he did then it's his fault, if he didn't I think Kaboul should be clearing or simply controlling and passing it out of defence. That's what King would've done.
Not fair to compare him to the best defender in the country.

SanDiegoYiddo said:
drwinston001 said:
Not fair to compare him to the best defender in the country.

don't get me wrong. I really rate Kaboul and would have him in front of Gallas and Dawson every day, just saying that more experienced defenders would've cleared the ball, unless of course Friedel did call for it which IMO he probably didn't.

Back
Top Bottom