An audience with Gazza and Greavsie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to this on Friday night and really looking forward to it. Iv'e got VIP tickets so I get to meet Gazza and have my photo taken with him, as well as getting a signed Jimmy Greaves pic.

Has anyone been to any shows like this before? Do they take loads of audience questions or do they just tell anecdotes?

my old man went to a greavsie thing a year or two ago, said he was a legend and was very funny. think its more stories and that.

you know with gazza he's gonna have a billion different stories which you've never heard before, we only hear the shall we say more clean stories i'd have thought.

either way, would love to know how it goes mate! and what his stories were etc if you can be arsed? don't worry if you don't want to!

Would have liked to go to this, it's a short walk from my flat too, but I won't be around. I'd be interested to hear what Greavsie says about Spurs. I remember him saying he never watches Tottenham live, because he doesn't like the way they parade old players in front of the crowd at half time.

He has some outspoken opinions sometimes so I guess this should be a good night. I wonder whether he thinks Defoe should be starting ahead of VDV. He seems to have a bit of man love for Defoe.

Greavise answered some questions for me, for a DML interview an age ago. One questions was:

Spurs or Chelsea?

He said Chelsea.

My ex-girlfriend went to a corporate day out thing and they had a sit down lunch with Jimmy Greaves as the special guest. All the tables were named after clubs that he played for, he was sat next to my girlfriend on the Spurs table, apparently he was a really good bloke she chatted to him a lot, had a couple of photos with him and when she told him her boyfriend was a Spurs fan he signed the back of one of her business cards for me.
She said that he spent the majority of the time talking about Tottenham, although she might have just said that to keep me happy.

Back
Top Bottom