Ambition for the club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, as a fan for the last 15 years, this is pretty much the most successful and enjoyable Spurs have ever been (better certainly than the Hoddle/Pleat days of the early 2000s). The midfield is amazing, and we have (at times) potent strikers, but where do you want the club to go? For three/four years, we have targeted 4th, and when we finally got there, it was amazing. Also, we lit up the stage, but it really hindered our league performance, so now we are back where we were in 2008/09 and 09/10.

Also, what other ambitions do you have for the club. We have been happy un 'Arry, but with the large possibilty that he will be the England manager/in prison (delete as applicable), who can we target? It has been discussed on the show, but Carlo Ancelotti has been mentioned, and has himself acknowledged the possiblity of the job opening, and to be honest, I would be happy with thtat. He speaks better English than Ramos and Redknapp, and apart from anything, has a fantastic eyebrow.

Finally, what other things do you want to see the club do, or change?

this question would be better if it was ambitions for football.

The fact that finishing 4th can be considered bigger than winning a trophy is a fallacy with football in 2011, players are happy to play in the CL for 10 years and not even win it, or win a trophy domestically. I understand why the CL has to remain as-is and we'll never return to champions only entering it, it's changed the mindset of fans as well. A gooner on facebook was proud that his team have reached the Champions League 14 (I think) seasons in a row. How can that make any fan happy if they haven't even won the fucking thing! I'd much rather take 10 Carling Cups in a row!

All I want is for Spurs to be competitive at the highest level, be that in the Premier League or Europe, every season we must have European football, even if it's just the Europa League. I'll always try and attend every home game, I love European nights and I'm glad that they're part of our calendar.

Silverware is more important than CL qualification. However, as I've explained in the past, at this current moment in time, qualifying for the CL could then lead to a title challenge. Which is why its more important.

Long term, would not want to just qualify for the CL season in season out without actually winning anything.

Only qualifying regularly could lead to a title challenge, I'm sure that's what you meant anyway.

Qualifying as a one-off only brought VdV, if we get there 2-3 seasons on the trot then we can look at attracting some of Europes finest to N17.

spooky said:
Silverware is more important than CL qualification. However, as I've explained in the past, at this current moment in time, qualifying for the CL could then lead to a title challenge. Which is why its more important.

Long term, would not want to just qualify for the CL season in season out without actually winning anything.

You mean be A*****l then?

Exactly my feelings about this. Top 4 shouldn't be the only ambition, I think we can achieve that this season and go very close to either the FA Cup or the Europa League...however Top 4 THIS SEASON is the priority as without it we're back to square one in a constant state if rebuilding and chasing the so called "big boys"

Back
Top Bottom