Alternative 17/18 season predictions!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends who you want to bench mark, Juve have lost only 4 home games since moving into their new stadium in 2011.
I benchmarked a few Clubs in our league/s who have done the same. Not the biggest most successful club in Italy.
Yet I think everyone is kidding themselves if they think it's going to be just the same as playing at our own gaff.
The next two seasons are massive for us and the majority of people think it's going to be a cakewalk. That's all.
I really hope we do make Wembley a fortress this season as much as WHL was last.

I benchmarked a few Clubs in our league/s who have done the same. Not the biggest most successful club in Italy.
Yet I think everyone is kidding themselves if they think it's going to be just the same as playing at our own gaff.
The next two seasons are massive for us and the majority of people think it's going to be a cakewalk. That's all.
I really hope we do make Wembley a fortress this season as much as WHL was last.
To be fair mate I haven't met a single Spurs fan who thinks playing at Wembley will be a cakewalk, I'd say to a man Woman and Child no one is actually looking forward to it, maybe the new season ticket holders hold a bit more of a buzz than more longer term ST holders for obvious reasons. I also hold some reservations, although most of my negative vibes are what the crowd will be like more than what our players will achieve, although a run of decent results will boost everyones (supporters/team) confidence and would be most welcome.

I get your pessimism, your post reflects this, but you could have mentioned Juve, or how about Man City, who also had a very successful season at the Etihad, finishing ninth having in their first season in the PL after their promotion? It's like you committed these to paint the blackest picture you could. These are positives that have happened since moving into a new stadium, which makes them just as relevant as the negative ones. Acknowledging them at least provides a bit of balance and may be something positive to cling onto, what is wrong with at least doing that?

With respect the other clubs you benchmarked were West Ham, Brighton, Charlton, Woolwich and Coventry with the exception of Woolwich (who's first season at the Emirates wasn't as disaster as they finished in the top 4, in fact there wasn't a drop in form as you and the press are saying they were 4th at Highbury and 4th in their first year at the Emirates, which kind of indicates to me no drop of form what soever, they also were runners up in League Cup) The other teams were absolute dross when they made their move. I like to think we are a better team than West Ham, Charlton and Southampton and we are perhaps closer to Woolwich at time of moving. Being a good side means you stand a good chance of doing alright, as opposed to being shit and doing poorly because you are shit.

We can't do fuck all about moving to Wembley, so I'd rather search and cling onto any positive I can possibly find, it makes me feel better.

People don't seem to be considering that the teams we faced in the CL at Wembley, wasn't there because they played poorly! In other words, Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen & CSKA Moscow are decent teams. We have a quality team, with hungry players, and I think we'll do just fine at Wembley against teams with less punch!

To be fair mate I haven't met a single Spurs fan who thinks playing at Wembley will be a cakewalk, I'd say to a man Woman and Child no one is actually looking forward to it, maybe the new season ticket holders hold a bit more of a buzz than more longer term ST holders for obvious reasons. I also hold some reservations, although most of my negative vibes are what the crowd will be like more than what our players will achieve, although a run of decent results will boost everyones (supporters/team) confidence and would be most welcome.

I get your pessimism, your post reflects this, but you could have mentioned Juve, or how about Man City, who also had a very successful season at the Etihad, finishing ninth having in their first season in the PL after their promotion? It's like you committed these to paint the blackest picture you could. These are positives that have happened since moving into a new stadium, which makes them just as relevant as the negative ones. Acknowledging them at least provides a bit of balance and may be something positive to cling onto, what is wrong with at least doing that?

With respect the other clubs you benchmarked were West Ham, Brighton, Charlton, Woolwich and Coventry with the exception of Woolwich (who's first season at the Emirates wasn't as disaster as they finished in the top 4, in fact there wasn't a drop in form as you and the press are saying they were 4th at Highbury and 4th in their first year at the Emirates, which kind of indicates to me no drop of form what soever, they also were runners up in League Cup) The other teams were absolute dross when they made their move. I like to think we are a better team than West Ham, Charlton and Southampton and we are perhaps closer to Woolwich at time of moving. Being a good side means you stand a good chance of doing alright, as opposed to being shit and doing poorly because you are shit.

We can't do fuck all about moving to Wembley, so I'd rather search and cling onto any positive I can possibly find, it makes me feel better.
I suppose we will see.
I don't want to be going there and seeing us do badly. I won't be going with a negative attitude either.
But, it's a factor that must be taken into account.
I won't be going mental if we do do worse than we did last season. I have been through so many bad times Ive just enjoyed the last 2 and don't expect miracles on a shoestring.
We are moving in the right direction.
Yet there seem to be a lot of myopic Spurs fans about, I'm not inferring you, who think we are automatically going to be top 2 or even challenge for the title based on the last 2 yrs without a thought about the next 2. They will be a challenge for us.
Those will be the same ones that will turn on the manager and players if it doesn't go well this season. Seen it alll before.

Will we win anything...... No
Win % v chavs,goons & pikeys..... Chavs and woolwich 50%. Pikeys 100%
Win % v Utd,citae & bin dippers.... Utd and city 0% . Bin dippers 50%
Surprise player of the season.... Onomah
Target for the boo-boys......(perhaps haven't signed him yet):levyeyes: Lamela
Outstanding result of the season....in't league or CL Beating Chavs at their shithole
&
Who will be Tottenham manager for the 18/19 season...Poch

Explain what you mean Mindblown by the way things are going......pretty please.
No strengthening - star players become complacent hence no competition to keep them on their toes.

Star players become disillusioned with the project and demand to leave . Winning fuck all in their prime years and getting paid 1/3 of what players of similar quality from other rival clubs earn.

The manager becomes increasingly frustrated by the club failure to land his prime targets window after window. He jumps the ship the second a perceived better offer comes along.

Club starts from the scratch, again.

We are a decent side and will win most. It will, as ever come down to the few games that matter against the big boys. CL will take it toll , we will do ourselves proud maybe a semi but PL form will suffer a little. I can see us going all the way in a domestic cup.

Regarding new signings, I can't see the point in selling (example Dyer or Kane) and then buying a replacement, jusy keep the brilliant players we have. I personally want to see us adding up front, we need pace and lots of it.

COYS .......

No we will win nothing as usual ,
5th this season as others have improved , we have regressed with the Walker sell to a rival and outside the first 11 we are threadbare of quality compared to other top 4 sides .
If we ever signed a game changer my predication would be top 4 but that's not going to happen .
Surprise player , I don't think anyone is good enough to unsettle the first 11 to 13 .
Poch holds everything together , if he isn't backed , he will be cherry picked .

I always tune out of football in the Summer and it takes me a game or two to get my full enthusiasm back but I've got a bad feeling it may take longer this time and this might not be a season to remember. Lack of new signings, sold a player to a rival club, Wembley, all our competitors spending bucket loads... It's gonna be struggle to make top 4 I think. I just hope we do better in the CL this time.

I think we're nailed on for the double actually...

9hF3Nqf.jpg

y8YBIxu.jpg

Will we win anything......
Yes. I am convinced we are going to win the title or the CL this season.

Win % v chavs,goons & pikeys.....

We'll take 4 points against the Chavs, 6 against Woolwich and 4 against West Ham.

Win % v Utd,citae & bin dippers....
3, 4, 6

Surprise player of the season....

Eriksen will win player of the year this season. I know him being good is not a surprise but I think he will surprise many by reaching new heights.
Target for the boo-boys......(perhaps haven't signed him yet):levyeyes:
Janssen, Son - the usual, basically. But not Lamela, he will be immense and leave no room for abuse to occur.

Outstanding result of the season....in't league or CL

Barcellona 2 - Spurs 4

Who will be Tottenham manager for the 18/19 season...

Poch
Wow how deluded can a person get.

Will we win anything?

No we are fucking cursed

Win % v chavs,goons & Pikeys?

About 60%

Win % v Utd,citae & bin dippers?

30%

Surprise player of the season?

Kyle Walker-Peters

Target for the boo-boys?

Janssen unfortunatly

Outstanding result of the season....in't league or CL?

CL - got a feeling we will draw Real or Barca and do them

Who will be Tottenham manager for the 18/19 season?

Poch, think he will want to stay to take u into the new ground, after that it gets harder.
You were right with the "Outstanding result" Real was done.....but is there more to come?

Back
Top Bottom