Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree there certainly are doom-mongers out there who would love to be right about their apocalyptic views on Spurs...but that's not me. This is why I carefully structured the first post to indicate that this isn't a knee-jerk reaction to sensationalist media specualtion or ITK nonsense, but a genuine concern that Ade may actually be a little less happy than he was last season due to the fact we're 9 games in and he's not been as involved as we'd hoped.
I'm hoping I'm wrong, I hope all is fine and his illness was just that, but I can't deny an underlying uncertainty and was curious as to whether anyone thought the same and how people think AVB should handle it if it were to be true.

I agree he's hardly going to be thrilled that he hasn't managed to play more, whether that's down to selection or injury.

The one thing I don't get at all is that some people are trying to say that Adebayor has been refusing to play.............this is the man who are all told is only in it for the money and yet we are supposed to believe that he's refusing to play forgoing match bonuses and also potentially incurring fines?!

ADE'S BACK?
18424_364116553679717_949001796_n.jpg

I agree he's hardly going to be thrilled that he hasn't managed to play more, whether that's down to selection or injury.

The one thing I don't get at all is that some people are trying to say that Adebayor has been refusing to play.............this is the man who are all told is only in it for the money and yet we are supposed to believe that he's refusing to play forgoing match bonuses and also potentially incurring fines?!
I think you're right. If AVB had come in and immediately dropped players who had been playing well (like Defoe and Friedel) you set completely the wrong precedent in the dressing room. Lloris had to sit on his hands for a few games and played a blinder when he got his chance... I suspect (hope) Ade will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom