Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depending on what you hear and where you hear it from, Ade is...

a) Not quite fit yet and has been unfortunate in that illness has ruled him out of getting some game time in order to impress his manager.

b) Sitting at home with the hump as he's not walked in to the team as an automatic first choice and preferred the selection policy of Harry.

Either way, I think we're struggling without him.

Defoe has had some good spells in a couple of games and made people think twice about his contribution to our play...he has also tried to turn and shoot when there were better options available. Regardless of what Defoe tries to do to improve his game as a lone striker there will always be moments when he reverts to type, and there will always be the issue of him not being able to win the aerial balls against two centre-halfs.

Considering our play is largely based on wingers getting behind full-backs and crossing to our striker, Defoe is often found wanting. Sometimes we keep it low and cut it back to Defoe, though this does mean he is once again on the wrong side of the centre-halfs and generally results in him trying to blast it through them...again. Between that and not winning the upfield 'hoofs' or not being able to hold the ball up...I feel we're lacking up front. (I'm not even going to consider Dempsey)

So what is up with Ade? Rumblings of discontent are rife, considering his previous form when not being an automatic starter, maybe there is something to these rumblings...but how does AVB deal with it? Start him and hope he sorts out his attitude? Stick to his guns and insist Ade does the biz in training and earn his spot? Either way, we need Ade back sooner rather than later as we're looking light up top and devoid of options to change the way we attack.

TL;DR

*Ostriches* Etc..

:defoe2:

I'm going to ignore the paper talk and just judge him on how he plays on Saturday.
I don't think it's anything seriously wrong between him and AVB, I think it's just the bastard papers throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks.

Had no pre season. Had an in form Defoe ahead of him, which was reasonable. Has since had injuries.

As with most stuff in the media, the Adebayor unhappy/agitating/AVB fall out lines are utter nonsense (IMO)

Just like when they reported how unhappy the players were, and how bad the training was just before we won at OT

Unfortunately he has history. Can be a moody so and so. Which is why it's easy for lazy journo's to write shite and let our imaginations do the rest.
Hopefully the more sane of us will bite our tongues and unjerk our knees until he's match fit and has a few games (and hopefully goals) under his belt.
It may be an outlandish concept but maybe think for yourselves and don't lap up the diarrhea printed in the toilet paper rags.
COYS

We can only hope he is fit soon then.

I don't pay much attention to the media and I doubt his 'crisis talks' were any more than an informal chat with AVB, but Adebayor is Adebayor and there's every chance he preferred his automatic selection status under Redknapp.

I considered his injury and his lack of match fitness as to his absences, and I'm not going to fly off on one suggesting all hell's gonna break loose and there'll be a mutiny. I'm just concerned over the recent 'sickness' and the fact he's apparently deleted his Twitter account, I do wonder if he's got a bit of a strop on. And, if he has, how will AVB handle it. Ade is without doubt, one of the bigger personalities in the team, it'll be interesting to see how VB manages him.

I was starting to wonder if something was going on but he's back in the squad for Wigan.

:adegrin2:

Dembele is still out though.

:avbfacepalm:

Even Spurs 'fans' seem to want the truth to be he's rebelling, to the extent where they lap it up when gooners tell them it's true.

It REALLY, REALLY, fucks me off - it's the worst kind of supposed 'ITK' as it can only cause harm!

I hope he plays, we really need him right now. I just want him to get on, score a goal or two, create some, and get back to his best. We've got a big month coming up and I want to see Ade starting because we're lacking up front while we rely on Dempsey or Sigg to assist Defoe.

Dembele is another big miss...I look forward to when we've got a full squad to pick from.

Even Spurs 'fans' seem to want the truth to be he's rebelling, to the extent where they lap it up when gooners tell them it's true.

It REALLY, REALLY, fucks me off - it's the worst kind of supposed 'ITK' as it can only cause harm!

I don't think anyone wants it to be true. He was an integral part of our team last season, it finally felt like we had moved away from striking mediocrity. I for one would have him first choice with Defoe as an impact sub. He just brings alot more to the team.

However the guy has a track record and the evolving injuries/illness claims seem rather coincidental. I hope to be proven wrong but part of me can't help but think there is some truth to the rumours

I don't think anyone wants it to be true. He was an integral part of our team last season, it finally felt like we had moved away from striking mediocrity. I for one would have him first choice with Defoe as an impact sub. He just brings alot more to the team.

However the guy has a track record and the evolving injuries/illness claims seem rather coincidental. I hope to be proven wrong but part of me can't help but think there is some truth to the rumours

I speak to people that genuinely revel in bad news where Spurs are concerned, for them this is a real "I told you so" opportunity.

I think Blanchflower was referring to Spurs fans who revel in our own misery, not opposition fans.

Thank you o great wise man , to have put me back on the righteous path :troll:

Btw why in the hell would a spurs fan revel in our own misery , i get the fact that we knee jerk , use irony to cover up our broken hearts but revelling in players falling out with the club ... and still call yourself a fan ?

Thank you o great wise man , to have put me back on the righteous path :troll:

Btw why in the hell would a spurs fan revel in our own misery , i get the fact that we knee jerk , use irony to cover up our broken hearts but revelling in players falling out with the club ... and still call yourself a fan ?
Because some people will spend all their time saying a player is crap, has attitude problems, etc, and when they're proved right, they'll tell anyone who will listen that they knew all along.

Because some people will spend all their time saying a player is crap, has attitude problems, etc, and when they're proved right, they'll tell anyone who will listen that they knew all along.

They must be very nice people to have around , but its true that there are lots of people like this. And when said player excels they will call it a fluke.

I agree there certainly are doom-mongers out there who would love to be right about their apocalyptic views on Spurs...but that's not me. This is why I carefully structured the first post to indicate that this isn't a knee-jerk reaction to sensationalist media specualtion or ITK nonsense, but a genuine concern that Ade may actually be a little less happy than he was last season due to the fact we're 9 games in and he's not been as involved as we'd hoped.
I'm hoping I'm wrong, I hope all is fine and his illness was just that, but I can't deny an underlying uncertainty and was curious as to whether anyone thought the same and how people think AVB should handle it if it were to be true.

Back
Top Bottom