Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dru said:
Just my opinion from hearing fans around me at games....I get the impression if he didnt come via Woolwich, people wouldnt say it as much. He runs 10x more than Pav but people didnt call Pav lazy as much as they should have.

Watford was diabolical - was anyone not shit in that game?
Yeah. My memory of it was not so much Ade just being shit as the whole squad thinking they could win the game with their eyes closed.

Dru said:
Just my opinion from hearing fans around me at games....I get the impression if he didnt come via Woolwich, people wouldnt say it as much. He runs 10x more than Pav but people didnt call Pav lazy as much as they should have.

Watford was diabolical - was anyone not shit in that game?

There's a difference between being shit and being non-existent. Almost all the players were utterly rubbish but Ade made absolutely no effort. Having a shit game can be forgiven but not trying at all is a lot harder to forget.

But like I said above, I think it represents excellent business for us. If we get him, the only remaining issues I think we will have is a keeper, having Modric/Moutinho and possibly getting a right winger/forward to compete with Lennon.

AVB wont stand for it if he does fuck all, thats when our other (yet to arrive) striker gets a game. Wont be expected to play every game as SS said, for tactical as well as fitness and form issues.

Genuinely think Ade was our most integral player last year, not our best on the pitch :)modric:) but in his absence we looked a bit lost. His hold up play and closing down was astounding, undoubtedly our most complete striker in my era, still think I preferred Berbatov for his 'swag' but it turned out he preferred more money and titles, prick. Ade on a permanent transfer will be my favourite thing in the world ever :adegrin: if only for that smilie

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES said:
Genuinely think Ade was our most integral player last year, not our best on the pitch :)modric:) but in his absence we looked a bit lost. His hold up play and closing down was astounding, undoubtedly our most complete striker in my era, still think I preferred Berbatov for his 'swag' but it turned out he preferred more money and titles, prick. Ade on a permanent transfer will be my favourite thing in the world ever :adegrin: if only for that smilie

Because we didn't have anyone on the bench that could do half of what Ade does/did.

Would love to have him on a permanent basis; seemed to love the fans, the players and played some majestic football at times.

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES said:

Absolutely right on the money. There was a reason we hated him at Woolwich/City/Madrid and it was that he did the business (against us and not against us). And he did the business for us last season. A poor first touch is a small price to pay for the number of assists he had AS THE LONE STRIKER. He's a completely different person from the one he was at Woolwich and has been through a lot. His wages will go mostly toward his charities back in Togo and I wouldn't be surprised if his wages were diminished with the club putting cash toward those projects (would be a write-off for us).

Thelonious said:
Dru said:
Thelonious said:
There was a phase in the season when he might as well not have been on the pitch, hopefully we'll have someone else who can take the weight off him and fill in where possible. Last season, Adebayor was the only striker we had who could really hold the ball up, he had to play pretty much every game. This is a situation we really can't afford to leave ourselves in next season.

When was that phase?

and really, was he that bad we could have done just as well with 10 men?
January, up to the Newcastle game. He was looking uninterested in large parts during that period, Watford FA Cup game being the biggest example I can really remember at this point.

This isn't to say I don't want him but to say it's fickle to say he can be a lazy cunt sometimes is wide of the mark.

Agree about Watford away, he may as well not have been playing.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/fourthofficial_/status/222472858746630144[/tweet]

Ok, that was from Fourth Official and supposed to say that Adebayor is now a Spurs player. Personally I don't believe these things til they've been confirmed by the club or the BBC.

Wikipedia's Spurs article says he's a Spurs man now... Wikipedia being slightly off with the accuracy once again... The internet's answer to the Currant Bun

Adebyors workrate is poorly reported (on the whole as he was terrible v watford) very few CF's in the PL had as many touches of the ball indicating strongly he moved a lot to get involved and very few finished the season with as many tackle attempts/sucesss or interceptions. Perception of his work rate in the this instacne is contray to fact. He learnt a great deal at Madrid and got great parsie from JM. The shooting in Togo altered him a great deal as well.

Take Suarez for example, A player famed for work rate, made 5 times LESS tackle attempts than Ade. I wager before seeing that stat the perception of most of you would be that Suarez would have clocked up more tackle attempts.

In many respects the neagtive percetptions of ADe have helped us have a free run at him and despite having to pay a big signing on fee to supliment his wage, the upfront payment is still only 10m. Wow. Defoe might go for mor than that? Bent was 16m... Wow.

senorvivo26 said:
Adebyors workrate is poorly reported (on the whole as he was terrible v watford) very few CF's in the PL had as many touches of the ball indicating strongly he moved a lot to get involved and very few finished the season with as many tackle attempts/sucesss or interceptions. Perception of his work rate in the this instacne is contray to fact. He learnt a great deal at Madrid and got great parsie from JM. The shooting in Togo altered him a great deal as well.

Take Suarez for example, A player famed for work rate, made 5 times LESS tackle attempts than Ade. I wager before seeing that stat the perception of most of you would be that Suarez would have clocked up more tackle attempts.

In many respects the neagtive percetptions of ADe have helped us have a free run at him and despite having to pay a big signing on fee to supliment his wage, the upfront payment is still only 10m. Wow. Defoe might go for mor than that? Bent was 16m... Wow.

This says it all really ...

The reason Suarez' stats would appear so low is that he spent about 12 games out suspended, and if i'm correct I think he also had several injuries throughout the year.

If you find the tackles per minute played ratio, i'm sure it'd be closer. Not saying Suarez is better, but it's just like saying that Raul Garcia of Osasuna scores twice as much as David Villa.

Abbey Yid said:
The reason Suarez' stats would appear so low is that he spent about 12 games out suspended, and if i'm correct I think he also had several injuries throughout the year.

If you find the tackles per minute played ratio, i'm sure it'd be closer. Not saying Suarez is better, but it's just like saying that Raul Garcia of Osasuna scores twice as much as David Villa.

If he didn't act like a racist cunt it would be more favourable to him wouldn't it.

Swings and roundabouts.

:adegrin:

Everyone's been throwing around the same statisctics and personality arguments based on hearsay- I'd only add- the man made some incredibly high pressure penalties last year. I'm not saying that we should sign him for that alone, but it's just another factor into the debate. He is extremely talented, and I'd be happy for him to sign with us. And yes- I was asked to leave a pub after calling him a cunt when he scored against us in the champions league.

Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal for Emmanuel Adebayor, Sky Sports can confirm.

The 28-year-old spent last season on loan at White Hart Lane and impressed with 17 Premier League goals.

Spurs have never hidden their desire to make the deal permanent and new boss Andre Villas-Boas has backed the move.

Now the two clubs have come to agreement for the Togolese marksman, who has been given permission by City to talk with Spurs.

Subject to personal terms being finalised, Spurs are expected to conclude a deal over the weekend.

Sounds good

Cripps14 said:

Ok, that was from Fourth Official and supposed to say that Adebayor is now a Spurs player. Personally I don't believe these things til they've been confirmed by the club or the BBC.

Will SSN's little yellow ticker do??? On now!

1882 said:
Cripps14 said:

Will SSN's little yellow ticker do??? On now!

As long as it's not just Sky Sources

Monkey-typewriter.gif

Back
Top Bottom